Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

User Info: Ultima_Dragoon

Ultima_Dragoon
3 weeks ago#121
I just got back from dinner with my stepdad's family. His sister was lecturing me about the Pepsi I was drinking and telling me how I was going to get cancer. I joked about getting a drone on sale tonight and she told me to be careful because people are weaponizing them now. She denounced my Galaxy S5 because android is hackable and spies on me unlike her blackberry. She said her doctor is full of s*** because he told her she needs to reduce her cholesterol and she knows she doesn't need to because she remembers the recommended amount from the 80s (despite her being obese). And there was a half hour of her talking about how the minorities are conspiring against white people to take their jobs. There was a lot more but my brain shut off before I was forced to absorb any more.

At least the food was good. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

User Info: STLCards1991

STLCards1991
3 weeks ago#122
That's pretty good. My most awkward family story of the night was my grandma using the n-word when quoting her black neighbor.

Ultima_Dragoon
3 weeks ago#123
It's not a real family get together until grandma pops off

User Info: CaptainHammer

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#124
Everyone was talking about the moment where they finally snapped this year. My cousin said her friend's therapy is mainly dealing with Trump therapy and her therapist took her phone and unfollowed Trump for her.

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#125
I went to my aunt's house on my mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving in Wisco. Been there plenty of times, but not for Thanksgiving. They all love mich golden, the packers, and hunting.
There were no less than 10 mounted deer/elk in their basement, which is where I spent most of the time watching football with my dad and brother. People who weren't cooking would come down and hang and talk. They made it clear they all hate the vikings, but were cool for the most part and nothing really awkward happened, or "crazy relative family stories"

User Info: Rockies

Rockies
3 weeks ago#126
None of my extended family live anywhere near Colorado and we've basically never got together with them for Thanksgiving. Ages ago my aunt and her family lived here and we'd have Thanksgivings together but they were cool.

I played some Kirby's Dream Course with my mom. I'm kind of surprised by how fun it is. It doesn't seem very long though unless there's an unlockable course. But I guess you could get some decent replay value out of doing trickshots through all the courses

Rockies
3 weeks ago#127
Everson Griffen:

- Missed his son's birth to play in a football game and watched it on FaceTime
- Asked the game viewers for name suggestions
- Didn't have a name picked out before the child was born

Is that bad? Well, I don't wanna say bad, but how tacky is that? Maybe not the last one because I've heard of parents getting inspiration for the name once they saw the child... but I feel like you at least should have one planned out

Or am I just a bitter, angry man ruining what is supposed to be a cute story

Ultima_Dragoon
3 weeks ago#128
I know you don't like downloading roms but you could always download those game grumps courses that people made for them

Rockies
3 weeks ago#129
Well, I still have to play the rest of the real game, and I don't know if I like it that much. I'm not super against ROMs but for a game like that it almost seems like it defeats the purpose to play it on a PC. Maybe they'd work on a modded SNES Classic too.

Are any of you doing any BF shopping? I don't even know if there's anything I want this year. You might recall that last year I failed to score any of the 3DS deals
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Ultima_Dragoon
3 weeks ago#130
It would definitely work on the Classic

I also don't want anything, but I did buy Persona 5 already since PSN gave me a free $10 voucher for some reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed