Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
2 weeks ago#131
Rockies posted...
Everson Griffen:

- Missed his son's birth to play in a football game and watched it on FaceTime
- Asked the game viewers for name suggestions
- Didn't have a name picked out before the child was born

Is that bad? Well, I don't wanna say bad, but how tacky is that? Maybe not the last one because I've heard of parents getting inspiration for the name once they saw the child... but I feel like you at least should have one planned out

Or am I just a bitter, angry man ruining what is supposed to be a cute story

I heard that they weren't exactly sure when she was going to give birth, and everson went to the game. Turns out it happened (somewhat) unexpectedly shortly before the game was starting, so they apparently facetimed. He then spontaneously wrote the "what should we name him" in marker on the t shirt under his jersey.
They didn't have a name picked out obviously, but they're adults and parents and can make their own decisions
I think that I personally would have a name picked out when having a kid but that's just me

User Info: Rockies

Rockies
2 weeks ago#132
Well that kind of sucks it happened too early. I guess at least it wasn't in the middle of the game when he wouldn't have been able to see it at all.

If I was an athlete I'd definitely try to line it up so my kid was born in the offseason, but of course they can make their own decisions, like you said. I guess some couples also try conceiving for months before it works out, and in that case, I probably wouldn't wait another year just so I could hit on an offseason

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
2 weeks ago#133
At least he's not like Adrian Peterson, who probably still has kids he doesn't know about and pays at least 10 grand a month in child support

I just saw on Twitter that everson's baby came 3 and a half weeks early and was very unexpected. I guess in that case it's not totally crazy to not have a name yet, but then again some people how what they want to name their future kids years before they even conceive
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Ultima_Dragoon

Ultima_Dragoon
2 weeks ago#134
Peterson can show him how to take the switch to his kids

(Insert Nintendo joke)

Rockies
2 weeks ago#135
He should name him Eversonson

I'm sure I'm the first person to make this suggestion

User Info: SpeeDLeemon

SpeeDLeemon
2 weeks ago#136
Miami is going to lose to Pitt!! BAHAHAHahahahaha

User Info: SkynyrdRocker

SkynyrdRocker
2 weeks ago#137
I guess VT and Notre Dame were both overrated. I thought they overlooked us and last week was a letdown game for them but I guess they just aren't that good.

SkynyrdRocker
2 weeks ago#138
Hey SpeeD do you think he recovered that onside kick in bounds because I do not.

SkynyrdRocker
2 weeks ago#139
I guess it doesn't matter though

Rockies
2 weeks ago#140
The stupid ass Wild own the Avs as usual, even though they are mediocre this year
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed