Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#61
http://www.tmj4.com/news/milwaukee-area-brewerys-free-beer-until-packers-score-gameday-special-backfires

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#62
I'm not trying to talk s*** or rub it in, but you have to think that if they Broncos front office knew how the QB situation was going to play out, they would have done everything they could have to keep Sloter from leaving

User Info: Rockies

Rockies
3 weeks ago#63
Sloter is probably just another QB who played way above his head in preseason, but why would you dump him for Brock f***ing Osweiler?

Also that promotion reminds me of this place I went to that offered a free beer with every score (or it might have been every TD). That makes more sense than until the team scores, except the night I went, the teams were scoring like crazy. I think they both had over 40 and incidentally, one of them was the Packers. I got really drunk, I could hardly keep up with drinking my beers

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#64
Rockies posted...
I read today that Case Keenum has only been sacked five times this season. Sockman already mentioned how improved the O-line is but that number is insane. Tom Brady, for example, has been sacked 23 times in comparison. The closest guy this year who's started a comparable number of games is Brees with 10

Also it was depressing to look at the sack list and see Semen tied for sixth-most even though he hasn't played in several games

it's crazy. check out this play. This is just one play,but they've been playing like this all year.
https://i.imgur.com/kGrlxft.gifv

Another crazy stat. The Vikings signed free agents RT Mike Remmers and LT Riley "Great Barrier" Reiff this offseason, and neither one has allowed a sack all year (including Remmers' backup, who has played a couple games)

User Info: Zeeky_Bomb

Zeeky_Bomb
3 weeks ago#65
MNTwins1991 posted...
I'm not trying to talk s*** or rub it in, but you have to think that if they Broncos front office knew how the QB situation was going to play out, they would have done everything they could have to keep Sloter from leaving

John Elway is secretly s*** at being a GM. He makes Joe Sakic look like a good executive.
http://i.imgur.com/yPyOj0i.jpg

User Info: CaptainHammer

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#66
*ringing a triangle on a farm porch to summon the boys but instead of for dinner it's to announce that I bought another Switch game*

Battle Chefs Brigade. It's cool. It's iron chef as an rpg where you have to hunt your own food but with hand drawn animation and a ton of fun world building. I really like it so far.

As for sports, Shohei Ohtani might get posted tomorrow. It sucks that he won't get a ridiculous amount of money but I'm excited to see him play <sp>for the New York Yankees </sp> in part because he seems to think he's the GOAT. I'm more excited to see him hit than pitch because he's all but certain to be awesome at pitching but if he can hit even as well as Hideki Matsui he'll be perhaps the most interesting player of all time.

I'm also mad that in fantasy they split him into two different guys. It's funny that they had to but I would have preferred they force the owner to play him as a hitter or pitcher day by day. The hitter version is going to be all but worthless due to playing time.

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#67
Huh the sp code doesn't make spoilers anymore. I'm not fixing it

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#68
you have to actually type out the full word, dummy

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#69
You used to be able to shorten it with sp. Maybe I'm wrong about the p. This post will prove that a single s works

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#70
either way, it's clear that your coding skills are inferior
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed