Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

User Info: Rockies

Rockies
3 weeks ago#71
Is there any chance he's actually going to pull double duty in MLB? I assume they are just going to force him into one position. It would be awesome to see him play the OF in between pitching starts but I just don't see it happening. He'll probably just be one of those pitchers who's like a bonus pinch hitter on the roster
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: CaptainHammer

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#72
He's almost definitely going to DH on his off days sometimes. Outfield seems unlikely.

Rockies
3 weeks ago#73
Okay, that would still be pretty cool and different, but the cool factor is greatly diminished by the fact he'll be a Yankee

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#74
He's legitimately probably got a bat that would play as a regular but he's a much bigger pitching prospect for MLB. I was reading about his hitting chops and the comps for his skillset were all great players. Charlie Blackmon was the top one I remember. Imagine if he could pitch like Darvish (he's probably better than him is my understanding) and do everything else like Blackmon. He's got legit raw power and that wacky Asian approach where you're running while you swing.

Rockies
3 weeks ago#75
I'm sure the Rockies will shock the world and get him

I know I bag on the Rockies a lot, but they might be putting together a decent team. However, it still sucks knowing that they have zero chance of ever getting a player like that (or big free agents from within MLB)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

CaptainHammer
3 weeks ago#76
Well I know what you mean but Ohtani is actually a unique case because he wants to come over before turning 25. He can only get a signing bonus from a team's international spending pool and he has to get on a 6 year rookie contract. He's gonna play for the league minimum and take like a 3 million dollar signing bonus because he wants to come over that badly. It'll still be the Yankees because he wants to DH and they have the best situation for him for a variety of reasons besides that. The Dodgers are usually number one for Asian players but he wants to be a two way player and the Dodgers can't offer him that

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#77
I f***in hate the yankees, and I don't even like baseball

Rockies
3 weeks ago#78
Zeeky_Bomb posted...
John Elway is secretly s*** at being a GM.

I'm starting to think this too. Having Peyton Manning really shielded him, and I think Manning was a large part of why he was able to swing more big FA signings. He did pretty well drafting and finding undrafted FAs for a while, but the last few classes have been bad. There have been too many veteran stopgaps on the o-line (though it seems like there haven't been many OL draftees in the entire league that panned out lately), and too many draft picks spent on project QBs.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Rockies
3 weeks ago#79
There were rumors that Elway was going to run for governor next year but he ended up not doing it. Thank god, since he's a nutty Trumpster, but is also probably the most popular man in the state. Although that last fact might change if the Broncos keep this up

User Info: MNTwins1991

MNTwins1991
3 weeks ago#80
haha f***ing blair walsh....the seahawks knew what they were signing up for when they signed that guy
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Sports Discussion Topic #167: No Sports Discussion Allowed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed