Dreamcast version or PlayStation version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
  3. Dreamcast version or PlayStation version?

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
8 months ago#1
So I noticed that the Dreamcast version of this game reviewed a lot better across the board compared to the PS1 version.

IGN - 3/10 vs 6.8/10
Gamespot - 5.4/10 vs 5.8/10
EGM - 4.16/10 vs 8/10
Gamerankings (aggregate) - 57% vs 75%

This is a pretty huge difference in most cases. Is this mainly because of graphics? Are there any other differences that make the DC version that much superior? It's strange because the DC versions of Episode I Racer and Demolition didn't review that much better than their 5th gen counterparts despite having that graphical advantage.

I want this game, but my dilemma is that I don't own a Dreamcast. I may get a Dreamcast eventually though. Is it worth it to wait or would I be good with the PS1 version if the only difference is graphics?
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: CyberHaunky

CyberHaunky
8 months ago#2
I can't remember too many specifics, but the DC version of this game was much, much better than the PS1 version. I remember playing both, and the DC version was like a different game.

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
8 months ago#3
Thanks for the reply. I figured out in another topic that the PS1 version has a horribly choppy framerate. I didn't see it initially because most playthroughs on Youtube look like they were done on an emulator, which can compensate for performance issues.

My only remaining question is whether playing on a PS2 will boost the performance of the PS1 version at all. But so far it looks like the Dreamcast version is the easy choice.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
  3. Dreamcast version or PlayStation version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived