CD-ROM Drive Error When Starting Diablo II?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. CD-ROM Drive Error When Starting Diablo II?

User Info: Cisom170

Cisom170
6 years ago#1
I just installed the full version of Diablo II on my laptop (w/o the expansion..I lost that disc T.T). Now that it's installed whenever I start the program it gives me the message:
"CD-ROM drive error.
Please verify that your Diablo II Play Disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'."
The play disc is in the drive. What can I do to solve this problem?

User Info: PhiLoLsoRaptoR

PhiLoLsoRaptoR
6 years ago#2
If you have the cd key, just log into battle.net and add your key to the account and them download it. It allows you to play without the cd.

Cisom170
6 years ago#3
I registered it with my battle.net account and downloaded. I'm still recieving the same message.

User Info: Reith

Reith
6 years ago#4
you shouldn't be getting that message with the digital installer at all

which version is it installing?
asleep in the sand with the ocean washing over
http://www.last.fm/user/kademlia

Cisom170
6 years ago#5
From the usbattle.net/account/management/[etc] I clicked the Windows icon labled Download Game Client.

User Info: Reith

Reith
6 years ago#6
did you completely uninstall the one you had from before?
asleep in the sand with the ocean washing over
http://www.last.fm/user/kademlia

Cisom170
6 years ago#7
No, and now I'm wondering if I've been trying to play that same file. I searched for a seperate install file and couldn't find it. I've given up and am waiting on Blizzard Support to take my call. My next step will be to uninstall/reinstall. T.T

Cisom170
6 years ago#8
I found a file saved to my documents called Downloader_Diablo II which just reinitiates a 90min dl. Earlier I checked and it had done this up to 90% and I assumed it had finished after I left the room.

Cisom170
6 years ago#9
Spoke to the Blizzard tech guy and apparently I downloaded the downloader which downloads the game. Thankyou for your suggestions.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. CD-ROM Drive Error When Starting Diablo II?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived