upgrading Unique items, is it worth it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. upgrading Unique items, is it worth it.

User Info: Grinth

Grinth
4 months ago#1
Is upgrading unique items really worth the rune commitment? I am just curious if there actually an item you would want to have as an elite version of the base item.

User Info: Zeratultheking

Zeratultheking
4 months ago#2
Hoz is the only thing that I've seen regularly upgraded to elite version. Mainly because palis are regularly surrounded by enemies and teleporting so defense actually works for them vs most builds it doesn't, due to defense to 0 while running stupidity.

User Info: Viperswhip

Viperswhip
4 months ago#3
Titan's, Witchwild and a few others get upgrades for me. I upp a Kelpies for my merc, I think it's mostly merc items that get upgraded.

But Titan's and Witchwild always get upgraded for me.

User Info: Hexagon

Hexagon
4 months ago#4
Upgraded ribracker destroys things.

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
4 months ago#5
Only in niche situations.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: Hexagon

Hexagon
4 months ago#6
I think upgraded ribcracker deserves two posts lol. Mine does 308-461 damage, 70% IAS (with a shael rune added), 50% FHR, 50% CB, 100% defense. Only downside is it is a two-handed staff, but it does more damage than most unique weapons, easier to find, and it gets the bonus of mace mastery if you use it on a barbarian.

User Info: FightingGames

FightingGames
4 months ago#7
Upped gore riders are essential for kick assassins
https://my.mixtape.moe/hhlayb.jpg

User Info: Zeratultheking

Zeratultheking
3 months ago#8
Viperswhip posted...
Titan's, Witchwild and a few others get upgrades for me. I upp a Kelpies for my merc, I think it's mostly merc items that get upgraded.

But Titan's and Witchwild always get upgraded for me.

Why a titan's?!?!?! The damage comes from +skills not the physical damage. It also adds another 41 dex to the requirements, so it is not really worth it.

Haven't heard of people using bows outside of windforce or BOTD, unless lack the ability to buy one.

User Info: phatpenguin

phatpenguin
3 months ago#9
I always upgrade goldwrap belt for max slots on an mf character.
You have read a smart post. You receive 5 intelligence points

User Info: Grinth

Grinth
3 months ago#10
phatpenguin posted...
I always upgrade goldwrap belt for max slots on an mf character.

I ended up doing that one I found after watching a MrLlamaSC video. makes a lot of sense to do it.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. upgrading Unique items, is it worth it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived