Daoc until death

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TenderBox

TenderBox
9 years ago#1

Weird but every other MMO I try I always end up back in Camelot. To the point where I am not going to waste my money trying other MMOs. Was thinking of trying Conan and War but now I am having 2nd thoughts. Love this game and the community.

User Info: mystery323x

mystery323x
9 years ago#2
i feel you ... what server cluster you play on?

User Info: KronikX9

KronikX9
9 years ago#3
I just reinstalled the game again after about 5-6 years of not playing. It's nice seeing my character still there waiting!

User Info: dissonantblack

dissonantblack
9 years ago#4
i quit many years ago.

User Info: Slyster1181

Slyster1181
9 years ago#5
If you like DAoC then you will probably like Warhammer .. Its pretty much DAoC 2 under a different name.

User Info: Delectation

Delectation
9 years ago#6
no i well not like warhammer because people like camelot becase of arthur camelot and the other thangs about the myth much more interesting then warhammer
Fires of hell are waiting there for you.

User Info: ag1002

ag1002
9 years ago#7
^ Warhammer Online is being developed by the same company, Mythic. Once you learn more about the game, you might want to give it a try when it comes out in the fall :)

User Info: novafluxx

novafluxx
9 years ago#8
I've actually been thinking of trying DAoC for the first time. A little hesitent though...WAR looks cool too, but it won't be out for some months.

User Info: surfingBROHAM

surfingBROHAM
9 years ago#9
umm, WAR is not much like DAoC at all. I have played WAR extensively, its more like WoW than it is DAoC. It defenitely is better than WoW dont get me wrong, but its no DAoC.
Proud owner of the Xbox 360, Wii, and Playstation 3.
XBL Gamertag - XxBrohamxX

User Info: Kenji_Masamune

Kenji_Masamune
9 years ago#10
DAOC was my first foray into MMOs. Did SWG (before the butchering), planetside (... before the butchering), lineage 2 (worst grind ever.. ok maybe EQ is worse.. but not by much), beta'd in quite a few (like D&DO and city of heroes). Of course I finally ended up playing wow for a little over a year before I called it quits. Sick of the damn grinding (grind for levels, grind for money, grind for rep, grind for the sake of grinding). So I run my own PS of WOW and dabbled in a L2 PS. Much funner when you can get what you want ... well when you want instead of months of wasted time. I've called off MMOs though after wow. At least retail MMOs. I'm a console gamer by birth, so playing for 8+ months on a single character and not being at the top is unacceptable. Plus you're paying for it? No more. Even though I do get some serious cravings to start up DAOC again.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived