Anyone run this on a Mac Mini?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Anyone run this on a Mac Mini?

User Info: zerocustom1989

zerocustom1989
7 years ago#1
Looking at getting a new PC for Graphics design work and I dont feel like switching my work flow from mac to windows. This game is the only reason I boot into windows on my mbp. Anyone with a mac mini care to comment on how well it runs?
PSN: Z-Roe

User Info: timerider4

timerider4
7 years ago#2
It wouldn't run well. Graphics cards on Mac Minis are almost nonexistant. If you want a desktop get an iMac or Mac Pro.
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman
Team Fortress 2 Clan: Team Rocket

User Info: zerocustom1989

zerocustom1989
7 years ago#3
I cant deal with the stupid glossy screen on the imacs and the mac pros are out of my wallet range...

I was reading up on the graphics card and people were saying it should run most pre 2008 games on medium. I know these things aways work out differently in real world practice though.
PSN: Z-Roe

User Info: timerider4

timerider4
7 years ago#4
I use a MBP with Win7 and I can run it with most settings on high at 60fps. A Mac Mini is cheap but it isn't going to perform very well. If you did get one you would probably need the high-end one. But yeah, if you don't really care what it looks like it could probably run it on low. System requirements tend to increase slightly whenever TF2 receives a major update. Some people had slight slowdowns after the Demo vs Soldier update.
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman

User Info: scoots9

scoots9
7 years ago#5

timerider4 posted...
It wouldn't run well. Graphics cards on Mac Minis are almost nonexistant. If you want a desktop get an iMac or Mac Pro.
---

The GPUs in all macs are pretty much non-existant except for the 4850 in the 27" iMac and the optional 4870 in the Mac Pro. But TF2 runs on a toaster so... It'd run, not well, but It'd run.

1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Anyone run this on a Mac Mini?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived