The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Is there a way to get rid of all skins completely?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Is there a way to get rid of all skins completely?

User Info: AIDSBeard

AIDSBeard
6 years ago#1
Im getting rather tired of looking at my skins. i would like to go back to normal TF2 but nothing seems to be working. Anyone mind helping me out?
"Time to unleash the Asskickulator! WHOOPWHOOPWHOOP" - Dr. Lancet
~AIDSBeard~Rav3~

User Info: pizzaman95

pizzaman95
6 years ago#2
Delete the "materials" and "models" folders in the Team Fortress 2 folder, don't worry nothing will be lost.
Nobody's gonna cry over my grave anyway. -Douglas Cartland, Silent Hill 3

User Info: viperesque

viperesque
6 years ago#3
Delete your materials folder. That should do it. And no, it won't affect anything. The vanilla game files are stored elsewhere.

User Info: SmoboHash

SmoboHash
6 years ago#4
Well, we don't know what kind of skins you have. Delete everything but maps and cfg.

User Info: AIDSBeard

AIDSBeard
6 years ago#5
Just models and Materials. Also a few sound mods, So I should delete that too?
"Time to unleash the Asskickulator! WHOOPWHOOPWHOOP" - Dr. Lancet
~AIDSBeard~Rav3~

User Info: SmoboHash

SmoboHash
6 years ago#6
Like it was said, everything would be redownloaded automatically if it was needed, so don't hesitate. Maps take a while to download and have no use being deleted, and configuration files store all your settings.

User Info: SylentSeething

SylentSeething
6 years ago#7
I had so many mods, I just uninstalled and reinstalled TF2. Increased performance greatly now that my sucky mods aren't bogging down the game anymore.
I've done it 3 times in one day, but I rarely finish, because it's messy, my girl decides when we're done.
~ShadowHalo17
  1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Is there a way to get rid of all skins completely?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived