Saving Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: bam1991dbz

bam1991dbz
5 years ago#1
Okay so I need some expert advice on how I can save my Pokemon from Yellow and Crystal to this game. I am planning on having their batteries replaced and then transferring my Pokemon and items back to them.

For Yellow: I can transfer Pokemon and items at any time. As long as they are No. 151 or less correct? Same thing for items right?

For Crystal: I have to catch at least 150 Pokemon and then I can transfer Pokemon to the games. For items can I do it at any time?

Also can I basically use this game like Pokemon Box? For example can I catch a Mewtwo on Yellow, transfer it to Stadium, and then transfer it to any RBYGSC game?

I basically need a Oak's Laboratory Guide haha.

Thanks! (Let's keep this board alive!)
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 2150-0452-3837

User Info: Element-17

Element-17
5 years ago#2
For Yellow: I can transfer Pokemon and items at any time. As long as they are No. 151 or less correct? Same thing for items right?

Absolutely.

For Crystal: I have to catch at least 150 Pokemon and then I can transfer Pokemon to the games. For items can I do it at any time?

You can transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Stadium 2 at any time. However, if the ID Numbers and OT don't match, you can't take them back until you have a 150 in your Pokédex.

In both cases, items can be transferred regardless of progress.

Also can I basically use this game like Pokemon Box? For example can I catch a Mewtwo on Yellow, transfer it to Stadium, and then transfer it to any RBYGSC game?

Any R/B/Y game, sure. G/S/C have the 150 Pokémon requirement.
Why bother making a signature?

bam1991dbz
5 years ago#3
Thanks for your quick response Element! Here is some additional follow up questions:

1. Is there any information as to why the 150 minimum was chosen for G/S/C

2. Would you recommend these methods as a way to store my RBYGSC Pokemon and items or would you recommend something else. I have to change my batteries in these games (as I haven't yet and 15 years is right around the corner!) so I plan on doing this to save my precious Pokemon. I haven't heard of any other methods and I happened to stumble across Pokemon Stadium 2 and that is where my idea came from. Would you have any other ideas for me?

3. Can I do this with Pokemon Stadium (of course with only RBY and not GSC).

4. This is totally random but can Pokemon Stadium not hold Mews in their game? I read somewhere that transferring a Mew to it can mess up Pokemon Stadium.

Thanks again!

Element-17
5 years ago#4
1. Is there any information as to why the 150 minimum was chosen for G/S/C

No clue. What I really don't understand is why you have to beat the Elite Four before you can play at higher speeds in the GameBoy Tower.

2. Would you recommend these methods as a way to store my RBYGSC Pokemon and items or would you recommend something else. I have to change my batteries in these games (as I haven't yet and 15 years is right around the corner!) so I plan on doing this to save my precious Pokemon. I haven't heard of any other methods and I happened to stumble across Pokemon Stadium 2 and that is where my idea came from. Would you have any other ideas for me?

You can back up your save file with a Mega Memory Card, but Pokémon Stadium 2 is more reliable.

3. Can I do this with Pokemon Stadium (of course with only RBY and not GSC).

Yes.

4. This is totally random but can Pokemon Stadium not hold Mews in their game? I read somewhere that transferring a Mew to it can mess up Pokemon Stadium.

I don't think any rumors about Mew are true. I don't play Pokémon Stadium that much, but I have one or two Mew in storage, and nothing's gone wrong.

bam1991dbz
5 years ago#5
Thanks Element!

A few more follow up questions for you: how do you individually back up your RBYGSC Pokemon, items, and data?

Also if you are familiar with RSEFrLg do you know if their game cartridge batteries eventually die? Can you back up their data with Colosseum or XD? If so what is the process like for those Gen III games?

Thanks and hopefully one day another user(s) can use this Topic to their advantage!

Element-17
5 years ago#6
how do you individually back up your RBYGSC Pokemon, items, and data?

Personally, I use Pokémon Stadium 2 for easy Pokémon and item storage, but I also have a Mega Memory Card so I don't lose my save file.

Also if you are familiar with RSEFrLg do you know if their game cartridge batteries eventually die?

Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald do use batteries, but it's only for the ingame clock, so only time-based events will be affected. The actual save file is stored with flash memory, so you don't need to worry there. FireRed and LeafGreen don't have any problems of this sort since they don't have an internal clock.

Can you back up their data with Colosseum or XD?

Colosseum and XD are more like the handheld games than the Stadium series, so essentially no. That's like asking if you can back up your LeafGreen data using Emerald.

If so what is the process like for those Gen III games?

The closest thing is Pokémon Box for the GameCube, which allows you to store up to 1500 Pokémon. I don't think it has separate storage for items, but you can probably attach them to your Pokémon.

bam1991dbz
5 years ago#7
Thanks again! So I just bought a Mega Memory Card off of eBay. I read some reviews that say it can potentially erase my data. I'm still going to use it though because you do! Do you have any tips or a link to a user guide?

Thanks!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived