Why can't I catch a fish. Why...WHY!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ruby Version
  3. Why can't I catch a fish. Why...WHY!

User Info: LamourChagrine

LamourChagrine
8 years ago#1
I just want a Crawdaunt...so I need a Corphish...and I can't make it work. I have the Good Rod. Help. Thanks.
Equip Gun
"Forget 12 Zodiac's, I'll take you wit' mah 9"

User Info: KerryKing666

KerryKing666
8 years ago#2
First of all are you in the right place (petalburg city i think) next it could be ur luck or ur rod ani't good enough

LamourChagrine
8 years ago#3
Topic... why can't I CATCH a fish. I can't get past "It got away" I put the rod in the water, sometimes they bite, they always get off the hook.
Equip Gun

User Info: Sheeensta

Sheeensta
8 years ago#4
OOOHH ok. Whenever it says "It's a bite", you press A. Sometimes, dots "..." will appear, and you simply wait until it says "You've got a nibble" or something like that and then press A. Don't press it too early or too late.
Time is a valuable thing/watch it fly by as the pendulum swings/watch it count down to the end of the day the clock ticks like the way... Linkin Park is awesome

User Info: PokeAMon

PokeAMon
8 years ago#5
It'll say "Oh! A bite!". That's when you press A. Then it'll go back to the dots and say "Oh! A bite!" again. Press A until it says "A Pokemon's on the hook!"
Wait..... so if I'm a noob, and a noob is better than nobody, and nobody's perfect..... I'm better than perfect?

Sheeensta
8 years ago#6
^ Listen to PokeAMon.
Time is a valuable thing/watch it fly by as the pendulum swings/watch it count down to the end of the day the clock ticks like the way... Linkin Park is awesome

User Info: PokeAMon

PokeAMon
8 years ago#7
^ Listen to Sheeensta
Wait..... so if I'm a noob, and a noob is better than nobody, and nobody's perfect..... I'm better than perfect?

LamourChagrine
8 years ago#8
i see, so its a timing thing? do i hit immediately, do I hold the button, will mashing the 'a button' work etc.?
Equip Gun

Sheeensta
8 years ago#9
You just have to tap the button when it prompts you. Do NOT mash, etc. as it will just say "It got away"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ruby Version
  3. Why can't I catch a fish. Why...WHY!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived