Does anyone else think the computer teammates kind of suck?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  3. Does anyone else think the computer teammates kind of suck?

User Info: Andy1005

Andy1005
5 years ago#1
I am now playing through the game again on Veteran. In this second playthrough, I have noticed the results are consistent with how well my teammates did the last time.

I typically GREATLY outpreform my teammates. The soldier(or soldiers) I control typically ends a mission with about 12 or more kills, whereas, consistantly the soldiers controlled by the computer all only have about 1.

Getting to be a kill hog is fun and all but I kind of think the game would be better if your teammates were better. Even when we are holding position, I am typically the only one looking for/shooting the enemy, which can at times cause me to get killed because I am the only one doing any work.

This theory is proven extra by the fact that I cannot, ever seem to trust my teammates to to secure a certain area or secure a certain mission objective.

If I want something done, I MUST be in charge of the team I use, or, typically the whole team will die. Even if I send them through the same route I would use myself.

I just don't get it though. The enemy soldiers reactions are so computer-esquely perfect, why is it not the same way for your teammates? I guess they were just trying to make it so the player got to make a few kills. Really, I don't care so much about how many kills i make as much as I care about everyone remaining alive. Sucks that I can't trust the team to do anything for themselves.

And, if the enemy is visible I am typically the first one to spot/shoot them. It's pretty much a rarity to see the computer make more than 1 kill for me.
"Comfort and happiness..."~Rinoa Heartilly
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  3. Does anyone else think the computer teammates kind of suck?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived