Age of Mythology and Windows 7 do not get along

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Mythology
  3. Age of Mythology and Windows 7 do not get along

User Info: AzulRatibida7

AzulRatibida7
6 years ago#1
Tried installing this on a laptop running windows 7. It killed the laptop; it could not ascess documents or the harddrive at all. Uninstalling it fixed the problem ( I hope) but I must wonder if I will be able to install this on another computer in the future. Odd, it worked fine the first time we played it. But then I changed the graphic settings, and it died. I know vista has had problems, has anyone else?

User Info: OniTrigon

OniTrigon
6 years ago#2
It works fine on my Vista(32bit) and 7(64bit). The my method is, once you installed the game, move the whole game folder to another location outside of C:\Program Files\, why do this? because Vista and 7 require "admin confirmation" everytime you edit/save an older game. I have this problem with a lot of games, so whenever I can I always move my games out of the Program Files to allow my games to save properly.

User Info: AzulRatibida7

AzulRatibida7
6 years ago#3
You have no problems at all?

Maybe it is just the computer.

I will keep that in mind.

User Info: LOZ_Luva

LOZ_Luva
6 years ago#4
Hey can you run it on Vista with 32 bit res? How do you do that? Because it says my graphic board isn't compatible with the game :/ can i do something to run the game with my graphic board or shall i just give up and/or buy a new one?
This is NOT a signature
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Mythology
  3. Age of Mythology and Windows 7 do not get along

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived