new tier list

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: knoxvader

knoxvader
4 years ago#1
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-tier-list-voting-results-posted.336113/

feels weird
Currently Playing: Pokemon; Minecraft; Smash 64

User Info: Habefiet

Habefiet
4 years ago#2
It is as yet unclear whether that list is official in any capacity... though I have to say I like it because it coincides with many of my opinions (Puff/Ganon/DK lower, Yoshi/YL/Pika higher).

Someone in the topic posed the question of how he selected the "official" voters and I too would like to know this because some of the people on his list are both not-that-great-at-the-game and not-involved-in-the-scene-much-anymore so they seem kinda... odd.

User Info: Iamthehylian

Iamthehylian
4 years ago#3
I wonder what it'd look like if he counted all the votes.
HRC PAL 30724.5 m 100806.1 ft
BTT 3:25.35

User Info: knoxvader

knoxvader
4 years ago#4
my personal picks would be hbox's or hax's
Currently Playing: Pokemon; Minecraft; Smash 64

User Info: CStick

CStick
4 years ago#5
looks about right.
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
4 years ago#6
Awesome! I did not like how the old tier lists had seven different (S, A, B, C, D, E and F) tiers. Since this one has been reduced to only four (S, A, B and F), it already looks better! It also gives a big SSB64 feeling with there only being four tiers. The description of each tier also helps more:

S- Viable Tier. All characters in this range are viable for competing.
A- Semi-Viable Tier. These characters have been shown by their dedicated players to have the tools to compete, though it is apparent that they are slightly disadvantaged.
B- Probably Not Viable Tier. Some players have done well with these characters in specific match-ups, but for the most part they aren't viable for winning tournaments.
F- Just Leave Them Alone Tier. Its probably for the best.

This is something I can relate to because Mario is one of my best characters in the game. I know for a fact he's not the best (but far from the worst) which is why I use someone who is better at competing like Captain Falcon.

Overall, this is the first Melee tier list that I've seen updated ever since I started playing competitively (while still playing casual Pokeball only matches here and there) back in 2011 and it is so amazing being a part of it all.
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs

User Info: Hrezs

Hrezs
4 years ago#7
Yoshi before zelda. You cant the tier list on gfaqs again
PhoneYoshi

User Info: GuiltyLove

GuiltyLove
4 years ago#8
Tier list is approximately pointless

User Info: b0ltmAg3

b0ltmAg3
4 years ago#9
something like that
Idiots will be shot for drinking my beer. Survivors will be shot again.
The Equail Army - Captain of the arsenal of cornstalks.

User Info: sixty9percent--

sixty9percent--
4 years ago#10
tires

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived