Can I skip the Dark Forces games and go straight to this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  3. Can I skip the Dark Forces games and go straight to this?

User Info: Omega Weapon 2k

Omega Weapon 2k
5 years ago#1
Or do I need to play those to understand what's going on in this game as well as Jedi Academy?
Durka derp.

User Info: luigi4728

luigi4728
5 years ago#2
there are a few things that might confuse you a little if you dont play them but other then that your fine theres barely any reference to dark forces in academy there might be a few characters in this game that appear in academy but again nothing major i would still play dark forces if you can still great games that is if you can get them working properly im still having problems with the game myself *Sigh*
werewolfs like sandwiches

User Info: Psalm51

Psalm51
5 years ago#3
Yes, both games have stand-alone stories and knowledge of what has gone before isn't needed. Jedi Outcast is a hard and long game (you will likely need to use a FAQ to help with the puzzles.) Jedi Academy is easier, shorter and gets rid of most of the puzzles found in JO.
King David, the enigma. Me? I don't think so...

luigi4728
5 years ago#4
Psalm51 posted...
Yes, both games have stand-alone stories and knowledge of what has gone before isn't needed. Jedi Outcast is a hard and long game (you will likely need to use a FAQ to help with the puzzles.) Jedi Academy is easier, shorter and gets rid of most of the puzzles found in JO.

this i needed to noclip to get through some and i cant even get past some of the levels without using the undying code to get 999 hp and im on padawan...maybe i just suck and need some practice but yeah academy is alot easier

Psalm51
5 years ago#5
Yep, Jedi Outcast is one tough game. I have bad memories of the first Nar Shadda level, which comes directly after Kyle gets his lightsabre. The one Force power you need in/for that level is Force Heal 1 and that is one of the powers you don't get!

luigi4728
5 years ago#6
Psalm51 posted...
Yep, Jedi Outcast is one tough game. I have bad memories of the first Nar Shadda level, which comes directly after Kyle gets his lightsabre. The one Force power you need in/for that level is Force Heal 1 and that is one of the powers you don't get!

when do you get more force powers? force heal is a savior im gonna start a new game starting from the force power training and TRY to go without cheats to save my skin and my sanity ill go on padawan i still havent ever seen past the nar shaada levels (f*ck you reelo and your damn turrets and seemingly endless amounts of troops)

Psalm51
5 years ago#7
Sadly, Force Heal becomes available about half-way through the game. Check the FAQ for more exact information. Yes, Jedi Outcast is truly a hard game and the puzzles are as obtuse as the combat is hard. I better add that I always play games on normal or hardened difficulty. My suggestion is to play Jedi Academy, as that is an easier game, doesn't have hard non-combat puzzles and you get to choose what Force Powers you have!
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  3. Can I skip the Dark Forces games and go straight to this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived