Did you beat Sephiroth during your first playthrough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts
  3. Did you beat Sephiroth during your first playthrough?

User Info: FudgeDuck

FudgeDuck
3 years ago#1
Just curious if I was the only person in the world to start a new file dedicated to crushing him...
If Keyblades are so darn special, then why do I constantly find them in the checkout lanes at Walmart?

User Info: Moomba33

Moomba33
3 years ago#2
I know I beat the final boss before I did the optional bosses, but I can't remember if I started a new file or continued with my first one.
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie

User Info: atakdoug

atakdoug
3 years ago#3
I didn't. It was much later, something like a couple of years, when I figured him out.

User Info: DSkillz

DSkillz
3 years ago#4
First playthrough ever? Nope, and just about anyone that says otherwise is lying.

And meh, having a file dedicated strictly to stomping on a boss gets old pretty fast. I do, however, have a file where I can face Sephiroth at EXP level 51.
R.I.P., Ms. T

User Info: WalkThruWalls

WalkThruWalls
3 years ago#5
I beat him the first playthrough, just spammed Strike Raid.
I would say that many beat him without starting a new game.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WalkThruWalls
http://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=54ED951308AE1E63!118

User Info: Masterofflys

Masterofflys
3 years ago#6
My first playthrough was nearly a decade ago, so I can't remember whether I beat Sephy at the time. I can tell you that I entered the platinum match, saw who I was about to fight, went "Oh ****!" and promptly got my ass handed to me on my first attempt.

I did beat him at some point, though I never really got the timing for Descend Heartless Angel down. Never been more appreciative of elixers in a square game XD
"Let them have answers- and let those answers be difficult and complex. such is life." -Altair

User Info: itsyourlife

itsyourlife
3 years ago#7
Yes and no. I didn't start a new game before facing him the first time, but I did wait until I had gotten everything else. And I didn't actually fight Sephy til a month or so later.
I awoke one day to find that I had settled down, formed a family. I had even grown quite fond of them. -Vegeta

User Info: FudgeDuck

FudgeDuck
3 years ago#8
Ah, so I'm NOT the only one who didn't beat him first time through the game! ...Feeling less like a loser now, thanks haha.
Penguins will take over the world! YOU'LL SEE!

User Info: ChaosBeelzemon

ChaosBeelzemon
3 years ago#9
I beat him on my first playthrough (I finish everything before I even start thinking about replaying a game). No idea what level I was, though.

User Info: kingcam07

kingcam07
3 years ago#10
I was 12 or 13 when I first played it an bad at games, so no. I didn't beat him.
psn ID: kingcam07
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts
  3. Did you beat Sephiroth during your first playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived