Help using a gamepad w/ KOTOR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sephiroth1084

sephiroth1084
8 years ago#1
Hey folks. I've had success in the past using a gamepad or typically mouse & keyboard only games (DDO, Oblivion), but KOTOR doesn't seem to have any in-game key mapping that'd make this possible.

I own a Logitech Dual Shock II, and the corresponding Profiler, but without having played the game, and a fairly clunky process for configuration, I was wondering if anyone had some advise, an alternate method of setting this up, or perhaps a configuration log file.

Thanks for any help.

User Info: cogadh

cogadh
8 years ago#2
My only advice: don't use a gamepad. The game does not support them on its own and, unfortunately, the way the controls in this game are configured, there is almost no way to use a third party keymapper to accomplish what you want. You could easily get the movement and simple attack/action buttons configured, but since each attack/action button has multiple functions that can only be access using the mouse and/or scroll wheel, at best you are going to end up with a crippled control scheme or end up switching back and forth between the gamepad and mouse. It is best to just find one of the existing mouse/keyboard combos that works for you. Personally, I like the "mouse only" movement method instead of WSAD (hold down both mouse buttons, character moves wherever you point him/her) and the keyboard for attack/action functions (pretty much the number keys only).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived