Secrets of the mysterious Chocolate Island 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Secrets of the mysterious Chocolate Island 2

User Info: imamelia

imamelia
8 years ago#1
Most, if not all, of you probably know that Chocolate Island 2 is what I call a "sequential" phase, e.g. certain events you can control (in this case, number of coins and time) determine what follows in the phase. (I have always called them phases; using the word "level" to describe a single stage rather than an entire world just seems odd to me.) But probably a lot fewer people know exactly what the formula is. I have tried to run tests on this one, such as getting 3 coins on the first screen and going through with 281, then trying it with 4 coins and 281, then 4 coins and 271, etc. Try as I might, I simply do not have the patience to make any real progress on this. Has anybody else tried this? And if so, what have you found out? (About the only thing I did find out was that to get the big cape-flying screen second, you usually had to finish the first screen with a relatively large amount of time.) Also, has anybody ever found more than 9 screens? I'm quite sure there are only 9 [1=start,
2=diagonal platforms, 3=Rex, 4=mushroom/water, 5=Dino-Rhino, 6=cape flying, 7=Rex stairsteps (ending screen), 8=double Pow (ending screen), 9=secret goal], but there's still that 4% or so of uncertainty.

User Info: KirbyManiac

KirbyManiac
8 years ago#2
This is what Mario Mania (the published Player's Guide for this game) has to say:

Area 1 (the starting area; a mountain of platforms and a bunch of Dino-Rhinos, etc.)

Area 2-A (slanted platforms with Koopa Paratroopas) -- collect 0-8 coins in Area 1
Area 2-B (hills, pipes, a springboard, power-ups at the end) -- collect 9-20 coins in Area 1
Area 2-C (Cape Feather and triangle block, wide gaps with groups of coins) -- collect 11 or more coins in Area 1

* Now, I realize 2-B's and 2-C's criteria seem to overlap. I suspect 2-B's is really "collect 9-10 coins", because Area 1 has two normal coins, two Dragon Coins, and a 10-coin block. Unless eating enemies with Yoshi also counts, since it increments the coin counter.

Area 3-A ("!" blocks, blue blocks, Chargin' Chucks, and the key and keyhole) -- complete Area 2 with 250-300 on the timer
Area 3-B (hilly terrain) -- complete Area 2 with 235-249 on the timer
Area 3-C (water with rectangular islands jutting out) -- complete Area 2 with 1-234 on the timer

Area 4-A (multi-level hill with lots of Rexes) -- enter with 0-3 Dragon Coins
Area 4-B (P-Switches and a walkway of "!" blocks) -- enter with 4 Dragon Coins
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The Internet is a tool for fast communication. Don't defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Secrets of the mysterious Chocolate Island 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived