I'm going to play this now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Invisible War
  3. I'm going to play this now

User Info: NightmareKind

NightmareKind
5 years ago#1
I tried it briefly back when it first came out, but had terrible performance on my old machine. With powerful modern hardware, I can now run this comfortably with the Unified Texture Pack and cranked up AA. I even made all the adjustments necessary for widescreen. I'm willing to overlook the game's shortcomings compared to its predecessor, and I think now I can appreciate this as a decent game in its own right. There may just be a rewarding experience in it, despite all the criticism. I encourage others to give this game a chance as I have. Forget that it's the sequel to Deus Ex and just play it.

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
5 years ago#2
Played it,hooked to it,loved it a lot.

Was choosing whether to play this or Deus Ex 1 but after trying DX1 I couldn't get past the very dated graphic,so I opted to this one instead...and it is one of the greatest fps-rpg game I ever played. Perhaps DX1 offer better stories,I wouldn't know,but from the viewpoint of someone new to the series I say this game still packs a punch.
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

User Info: bionicman_3090

bionicman_3090
5 years ago#3
Awe man. The dated graphics, yeah, but it couldn't have been all bad, could it? There are some mods that improve the graphics for DE 1 which you could try. It might help you appreciate how truly special the prequel is compared to the sequel. I'm not saying that IW is bad. Not at all. I loved IW too.
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Invisible War
  3. I'm going to play this now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived