Authentication Key question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Authentication Key question

User Info: TheFitted

TheFitted
9 years ago#1
can i buy this online somewhere on the WoW main site or do i have to go our and waste money to buy the game?

also, could i possibly use a friends key, off of their copy of WoW?

one last question, if i do have to buy a retail copy, would the Burning Crusade expansion have it?
"4chan, It's the best community on the internet"- supersonicguy

User Info: SlyClone2k

SlyClone2k
9 years ago#2
can i buy this online somewhere on the WoW main site or do i have to go our and waste money to buy the game?

I went looking the other day and I was unable to find a digital copy of WoW to purchase. In otherwords you'll have to go to a store.

also, could i possibly use a friends key, off of their copy of WoW?

No, the key is uniquely tied to an account. Its not software protection. But you could have a guest key from them which would enable you to install and play until you could go to the shops / await delivery.

one last question, if i do have to buy a retail copy, would the Burning Crusade expansion have it?

You have to buy a retail copy of the original, and a copy of TBC, however you can buy the TBC upgrade digitally for Blizzs online store.
"Who took the jam out of your doughnut?" - Tommy, Snatch.

User Info: c0sa n0stra

c0sa n0stra
9 years ago#3
If buying the game is wasting money, then please just stay away.
"Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day, it lands on it's edge." - Kain.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Authentication Key question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived