Note to self, never group with a DPSing Shadow Priest again.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Note to self, never group with a DPSing Shadow Priest again.

User Info: The_Great_Geno

The_Great_Geno
9 years ago#1
I was on an alt running ZF today. Our group consisted of...

A prot paladin. (tank)
A resto druid. (healer)
A shadow priest.
A combat rogue. (me)
A warlock (didn't get spec)

Everybody was begging the shadow priest to off heal, but he just kept going on and on about how he was shadow and couldn't heal (his gear/mana was good enough to heal).

He kept taking aggro away from the tank, and kept dying. Eventually, the shadow priest got pissed and blamed the druid on his death. We wiped about 5 times because of the stupid pulls he also liked to make.

Eventually, we booted him and got a hunter, who proved that it wasn't the tank's fault the SP stole aggro.

Now whenever I get in a group with a priest, I ask his spec. If it's shadow, I ask if he's healing. If the answer is no, I either boot him or leave.
:O Barack Obama 2008. Change is needed.
I love Victoria :D

User Info: Dimwitedroy

Dimwitedroy
9 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: GilaMonster

GilaMonster
9 years ago#3
You were grouped with an idiot. Don't blame others for his shortcomings.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

User Info: sanc

sanc
9 years ago#4
If you need a shadow priest to offheal when you got a resto druid stop sucking.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world bullies and nerds... And hot asian chicks they will do what you want.

User Info: The_Great_Geno

The_Great_Geno
9 years ago#5
He didn't NEED to off heal, it would have been nicer than the bad DPS and the aggro stealing.
:O Barack Obama 2008. Change is needed.
I love Victoria :D

User Info: narfa

narfa
9 years ago#6
if he's pulling aggro, wouldn't he be doing good DPS?
black out or get out.

User Info: tanker987

tanker987
9 years ago#7
meh, ive run ZF today with no tank and no official healer.
we went ine with:
1)enh shaman (me)
2)ret pally
3)fury warrior
4)shadow priest
5) sub rogue
no wipes, no tank, the 3 of us healed ourselves when needed and i healed the rogue and pally healed warrior. no wipes and cleared in about 45 minutes. with enough DPS mobs and bosses simply didn't live long enough to kill us!
If our group cold do it with 0 healers then i don't know what to say to your group...
AMD 64 50000 X2, 4gb DDR2 (1k), ATI RD 3750
http://epicmagemanuever.ytmnd.com/ = skill?

User Info: GilaMonster

GilaMonster
9 years ago#8
I've been in groups where other DPS classes have done the same thing, and then yelled at the healer because the Priest/Druid/Shaman/Holy Pally didn't heal them fast enough after they pulled aggro off the tank(s).
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

User Info: Axel_Blackblade

Axel_Blackblade
9 years ago#9
Lol, ZF.
Currently Playing-
Agarius 70 Warrior Maelstrom

User Info: Dimwitedroy

Dimwitedroy
9 years ago#10
Ya it was his fault for not off healing. Specs really dont mattar till end game content anways.
But maybe your taking it way too far with asking every priest that joins your group what spec he is. Some people will probably feel insecure and take offence to that.
if the nintendo wii doesnt have 8 to 16 players of combat iam gonna give up and get myself a 360!!!
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Note to self, never group with a DPSing Shadow Priest again.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived