weird symbols in names...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. weird symbols in names...

User Info: CounterShock

CounterShock
8 years ago#1
i'm getting a character change - sex, and name. and am planning on using the alt 161 version of the letter i.. is that alloud? just making sure.

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
8 years ago#2
I don't know what alloud means, but the use of those characters isn't allowed, and if someone reports you, you'll have to change it.
Maybe we got 'em demoralized.

User Info: bkkorps

bkkorps
8 years ago#3
There was talk of them eliminating the ability to use those characters and forcing name changes for anyone with them, but i dont know if that fell through.

Those characters are annoying for other people, so i would never use them myself.
Squaring numbers are just like women, if they're under thirteen just do them in your head.

User Info: Wyrmwarrior5

Wyrmwarrior5
8 years ago#4
You can name your character that, but you can get reported for it and get forced to change your name.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Eiseva
Noob Ret. :(

User Info: Foxy1027

Foxy1027
8 years ago#5

i have íin my name... actually i have 2... and no ones reported me... so far, lol

User Info: Chamocool

Chamocool
8 years ago#6
i have ó in my name, and I've made tickets for other stuff, got an answer from the gm, and they have never said anything about it.
Good luck to me...

User Info: ddrboy54

ddrboy54
8 years ago#7
It's not allowed on North American servers but allowed on others where the characters actually have meaning.

Doesn't stop people though.
Is browsing incognito.
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/Images/21-Telltale.jpg

User Info: LinkMayhem

LinkMayhem
8 years ago#8
My name is Säälimätön which is finnish for Merciless, appropriate for my fury warrior

I just liked it and it came to me
You can hold a .44 magnum to my head and say, 'You can have your brains splattered on the $&#*ing wall or play rap.' I'd say, 'Pull the trigger, man!'

User Info: OrochiStorm

OrochiStorm
8 years ago#9
I'm fairly certain you can no longer even create characters using those letters in the name, actually. A friend tried it a while back and it told him to gtfo.

Which is good, because people who use names like that are very clearly dumb.
Well you suck at rogue i have a lvl 41 so i know more -nick8676764

User Info: LinkMayhem

LinkMayhem
8 years ago#10
I just started this last month, so CLEARLY you still can. It's not dumb, it's unique since there are so many people with 15+ toons taking up all the names.

If you can't handle shift clicking a name to add to a friend or sending it to someone, perhaps you are the stupid one?
You can hold a .44 magnum to my head and say, 'You can have your brains splattered on the $&#*ing wall or play rap.' I'd say, 'Pull the trigger, man!'
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. weird symbols in names...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived