The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

A warning to anyone who gets Blackrock Depths - Upper City through LFD.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. A warning to anyone who gets Blackrock Depths - Upper City through LFD.

User Info: The_Abhorrent

The_Abhorrent
7 years ago#1
Upper City = Emperor Run
Make sure someone has a key before you go through with it.

Now, I JUST got one these runs on my pally alt (figured I'd give tanking another go with the class). Spent a grand total of two hours in there, got enough XP to gain a full level (after a couple of convinient quest turn-ins.

We cleared EVERYTHING (skipped Ribbly, but that's it) up to the Lyceum. At that point, we collectively called it. Everyone was tired, and not in the mood to do the hellish room known as the Lyceum (at the appropriate level no less). We first tried going for High Interrogator Gerstahn, who is the objective of the "Lower City" division of the instance. No magic loot bag. At this point, we figured out we were on the Upper City part, despite starting in the very same place as Lower City (well, there technically only is one instance).

So with some trial & error, we attempted all the bosses and tried to see where exactly "Upper City" had it's defined end point. Surely they can't mean the WHOLE instance, right? Well, we found out the hard way. No one had a key to start with, though one person was on the quest for it. But taking a guess, we went down the Dark Iron Highway and tried to see if Bael'gar was the end of the instance. No dice. Guy grabbed his key, and we proceeded through the latter half of the instance after the lock. Angerforge (he's angry), Golem Lord Argelmach, The Grim Guzzler, Ambassador Flamelash, and finally the Seven. NOTHING.... well, a lot of XP and loot, but no finish. At this point, it was fairly obvious that the end of the Upper City could ONLY be the Emperor himself. The only other boss left was Magmus, who guards the Emperor's room.

In all honesty, you'd have a hard time finding a better group for the instance without getting a group of friends/guildies together. We made it ALL the way to the Lyceum without wiping once. There was a grand total of two deaths only, both due to people accidentally aggroing a group of mobs.

Before calling it, only one person left. That would the first healer (pally), who probably decided enough was enough after Bael'gar. Did a good job too, just left without saying anything.

We did vote-kick one particular hunter (one who didn't help the stereotype either -- night elf, ran out of ammo after the third boss), though arguably we did the guy a favour. After the Ring of Law, he asked that the place be done within 10 minutes..... yeah. Saved him over an hour and a half of clearing the majority of BRD.

Yes, a bit of the new "BlogFAQs" meme floating about. Whatever it's technically called. Still, a GREAT run of BRD. It's a behemoth of an instance still, you are NOT going to do a full clear of the place in under an hour. There's a lot of neat things in there, a lot of nifty little things.

But despite the great group and my general love of the instance, I still wouldn't want to do the Lyceum with a group of random people who didn't come in there planning (or not knowing what "Upper City" entailed) to do the whole of the instance.

Whew.
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.

User Info: bond465

bond465
7 years ago#2
Tl:dr

but I lierally heal this everyday on one of my alts and it's fine. No deaths , quick pulls etc. Just a little lengthy.
80 Human Warrior 80 Troll mage

User Info: metroidblade

metroidblade
7 years ago#3

Upper City = Emperor Run

yes this has been known since vanilla.

User Info: DrChristmas3k

DrChristmas3k
7 years ago#4
...but a good amount of people haven't been around since vanilla, when people actually had to do this.
My opinions over the years have changed.
The fact that I am right has not.

User Info: AngelofD3th

AngelofD3th
7 years ago#5
Sooooo you guys sucked and cried about didnt wanna do an instance run that took longer than 10 min. Booooooo ****ing woooooooo!

User Info: fattonygambino

fattonygambino
7 years ago#6
Ever since I was able to get BRD in my randoms, I've purposely taken the long way avoiding the prison boss and clearing to the 7 before actually getting Upper City as my random >.>
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall

User Info: metroidblade

metroidblade
7 years ago#7

...but a good amount of people haven't been around since vanilla, when people actually had to do this.

wowwiki...seriously ignorance is probably the best reason to visit it.

Sooooo you guys sucked and cried about didnt wanna do an instance run that took longer than 10 min. Booooooo ****ing woooooooo!

yep

User Info: pikpikcarrotmon

pikpikcarrotmon
7 years ago#8
1. Upper City, at least the last time I did it, was a busted run and none of the bosses dropped a satchel, not even the Emperor
2. BRD full clears with rested XP/RAF are absolutely amazing
3. BRD is absolutely amazing
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
Platinum FC: 5155 8830 6961

User Info: kevin4556601

kevin4556601
7 years ago#9
I don't get it. TC is just telling a story and everyone tries to be as hostile as they can.

User Info: pikpikcarrotmon

pikpikcarrotmon
7 years ago#10
It's because you can be moderated for saying cool story bro, so we have to come up with more creative ways of pointing out topics which have no value
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
Platinum FC: 5155 8830 6961
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. A warning to anyone who gets Blackrock Depths - Upper City through LFD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived