Moonkin Moonfire/Sunfire macro help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Moonkin Moonfire/Sunfire macro help.

User Info: Thizzlin21

Thizzlin21
6 years ago#1
I've been having some trouble writing a macro that I want, and thought I'd ask for some help.

Essentially I want it to cast Moonfire/Sunfire on my focus target without dropping my current target. The problem I'm having is that the way I'm doing it, when I go into Solar Eclipse, thus MF turns into SF, I get a "spell not learned" error. I can't quite figure out how to avoid this issue that seems to be caused by the MF/SF switching.

For reference, this is how it is written now:

#showtooltip Moonfire
/cast [target=focus,exists] Moonfire

I've tried using a /click command, but this seems to not work (or I am writing it incorrectly) with the "[target=focus,exists]" line of the macro, and I end up hitting the wrong targets and such. Also if it matters, I have MF/SF on the main action bar button #12 (the "=" key), keybound to F1.

Any help is much appreciated!
HANDCANNON 01/09/06

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
6 years ago#2
Until a more formal answer is given, have you just tried simply adding both lines for Sunfire and Moonfire into the same macro, so it tries to cast both?
/target Face
/cast Palm

User Info: KrelianZG

KrelianZG
6 years ago#3
I don't know the right format off the top of my head, but using the button clicking is the way to go. You could also try a /cast Moonfire /cast Sunfire and turn off error messages maybe.

Yeah, not much help, I know.
I hate Jesus parallels in my Superman stories. His job isn't to forgive sinners, it's to burn them with eye lasers.

User Info: Wormeck

Wormeck
6 years ago#4
Currently there is no way to make a macro cast Sunfire. Since it's not a spell you actually get in your spellbook, the game does not recognize /cast Sunfire. You pretty much have no real work around sadly.

You can try this:

#showtooltip moonfire
/click ActionButton#

With the # replaced by the slot you have moonfire on, but I don't know for sure if you can use that in a focus macro.
PSN name: Wormeck

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
6 years ago#5
Is there any way to make a macro to function of something already on your actionbar? Kind of like it would function just as a button click would.

Edit after reading Shadowbeast's Post: Ah, gotcha. My reply window was open far too long and I didn't see Shadow's when I posted.
/target Face
/cast Palm

User Info: Nazgl5LordofNaz

Nazgl5LordofNaz
6 years ago#6
Read Shadow Beast's post. Right above yours.
If you're seeing this sig, I'm probably typing the message on my iPod. Please ignore any absurd mistakes, as the iPod Touch auto-corrects incorrectly sometimes.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Moonkin Moonfire/Sunfire macro help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived