Although my guild fails on Stone Guard, I'm happy it ain't Morchok 2.0.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Although my guild fails on Stone Guard, I'm happy it ain't Morchok 2.0.

User Info: bretonftw

bretonftw
5 years ago#1
Rather cool fight too, got to 73% (though we're all pretty undergeared). But I'm happy they're not sticking with the braindead easiness anymore.
http://i.imgur.com/J9fDu.jpg - by Cyber___Dragon

User Info: WetWoodForest

WetWoodForest
5 years ago#2
Anyone else confirm the difficulty? Not yet bought the game.
All hail Rapidoxide

User Info: J_walker6

J_walker6
5 years ago#3
It is a good difficulty for a boss. Don't expect to be killing this boss after 2-3 attempts unless you're all geared and regularly clear heroic modes pre-nerf.

He isn't ridiculously hard, but he is a good first boss :).

User Info: rapacioushobo

rapacioushobo
5 years ago#4
WetWoodForest posted...

While I can speak to the difficulty of raids I can say that this expansion is leagues better than Cata.
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+

bretonftw
5 years ago#5
J_walker6 posted...
It is a good difficulty for a boss. Don't expect to be killing this boss after 2-3 attempts unless you're all geared and regularly clear heroic modes pre-nerf.

He isn't ridiculously hard, but he is a good first boss :).

Well I'm on EU so it must be out there first or something.

But yeah I agree with this, the tanks actually have to do complicated work in comparison to the last nine or so months of DS xD

User Info: WetWoodForest

WetWoodForest
5 years ago#6
rapacioushobo posted...
WetWoodForest posted...

While I can speak to the difficulty of raids I can say that this expansion is leagues better than Cata.

I'm glad, Cataclysm lacked something that I can't put my finger on, I have no real memories from it, whilst I have tons from WotLK. I'm just hoping that the atmosphere of the game + difficulty of the raids makes gaining loot seem like an actual achievement.
All hail Rapidoxide

User Info: rapacioushobo

rapacioushobo
5 years ago#7
WetWoodForest posted...
rapacioushobo posted...
WetWoodForest posted...

I'm glad, Cataclysm lacked something that I can't put my finger on, I have no real memories from it, whilst I have tons from WotLK. I'm just hoping that the atmosphere of the game + difficulty of the raids makes gaining loot seem like an actual achievement.

I do believe atmosphere might be that little something. I know it was for me. I have plaed since BC and the only time I ever quit was in Cata. Before Cata I didn't raid or PvP but I still logged in every day and enjoyed my time.

With Cata I was doing more but I wasn't really enjoying it. After a while I realized it was because of the lack of a continent such as outland or northrend and the atmosphere that came with them.
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+

User Info: Elaeus

Elaeus
5 years ago#8
My guild and I couldn't get past Feng's third phase. Holy **** the damage is impossible for 2 healers.

Yes, we were a healer short and we had to replace with a deeps.
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22

bretonftw
5 years ago#9
Elaeus posted...
My guild and I couldn't get past Feng's third phase. Holy **** the damage is impossible for 2 healers.

Yes, we were a healer short and we had to replace with a deeps.

Still better than me xD

User Info: lunchbox2042

lunchbox2042
5 years ago#10
Stone Guards is all about managing the overloads. We managed to kill it without getting more than one unnecessary overload.
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Although my guild fails on Stone Guard, I'm happy it ain't Morchok 2.0.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived