Seriously HOW THE F*** DO you guys manage to play with key binds? ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Seriously HOW THE F*** DO you guys manage to play with key binds? ?

User Info: c0sa n0stra

c0sa n0stra
4 years ago#31
Sabram posted...
I dont know why people always use such complicated keybinds.

I use 1-5, Ctrl 1-5, Shift 1-5, and Alt 1-5, all the buttons ill ever need and easily reached.

So how do you use those while still strafing?

User Info: MegumiChan

MegumiChan
4 years ago#32
Just be aware of your rotation and the cooldowns, then press the cooldowns when you need to. It's not that hard.

I myself use Q E R T F Z along with a Shift modifier for my main attacks and the numbers for cooldowns and specific macros.

User Info: Mr_Yoru

Mr_Yoru
4 years ago#33
Eventually you get used to it. I tend to bind similar abilities to the same keys so when I play a different class it doesn't take a whole lot of time to get used to it.

I just know where my abilities are and watch cooldown timers for when they're available.
Feel free to misinterpret anything I say, and use it against me.
3DS Code: 1547-5196-5136 (Yoru)

User Info: TheRaven1406

TheRaven1406
4 years ago#34
I wonder how the hell people can push 12 different buttons with their thumb (Razor Naga)? I probably couldn't even distinguish 4 buttons....

I always miss the keys when I keybind on a regular keyboard.... so I just keep clicking and use 1-4

I like this keyboard
http://www.illuminatedkeyboards.co.uk/steelseries/merc-stealth-keyboard.php

But it's expensive :-/
Arrow keys with strafing keys, plus a lot of small keys for keybinds directly above, on the left side of the keyboard. Just the jump key is poorly placed.

User Info: dementedlullaby

dementedlullaby
4 years ago#35
I take it TC sucks at RTS.
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie

User Info: Kenorv

Kenorv
4 years ago#36
Has anyone ever used a game controller that allows you to map keys to it? Is that viable for WoW or not? I was thinking of getting one since I'm having a hard time getting used to key binding. But if it's not really viable for WoW then I guess I'll work on getting better at key binding.

User Info: MegumiChan

MegumiChan
4 years ago#37
Kenorv posted...
Has anyone ever used a game controller that allows you to map keys to it? Is that viable for WoW or not? I was thinking of getting one since I'm having a hard time getting used to key binding. But if it's not really viable for WoW then I guess I'll work on getting better at key binding.

Should totally work with a program that takes controller input to keyboard. Looking around would be a little awkwad, as would most things without a mouse. You mainly use the mouse to look around and maneuver quickly, also, specific targeting.

User Info: MakeHate

MakeHate
4 years ago#38

Im not sure how up to date it is, but:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Game_Controllers

I'd say it would only be good for basic questing/farming.
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Seriously HOW THE F*** DO you guys manage to play with key binds? ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived