• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Log in troubleshoot

User Info: Egxamer1

Egxamer1
4 years ago#1
So i was playing this morning just fine, then at 10am my comp did some automatic updates, closed out wow and did a restart. No big deal i thought. Once my laptop was done i came back and relogged but couldnt make it passed the log in loading screen...

Had to do a hard restart by actually unplugging and pulling the battery. This time paying better attention to any unusual messages. The only thing i noticed was i got a very brief message about SOS:messaging has stopped. Dont even know what that is. Still i can't log in WoW.

Could use a little help, wish i could say i know more about computers but honestly i dont.

thanks in advance
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.

User Info: Coop14

Coop14
4 years ago#2
What kind of router are you using bud?

Is it a linksys and if not how many years?

Are you familiar with port forwarding? And what are your security settings do you have up?

I may not be a genius when it comes to playing WoW but computers is something I know a ton about especially fixing them
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.

Egxamer1
4 years ago#3
wireless, linksys at least 6 years old i believe. my settings and stuff have been unchanged hell my buddy installed it for me before i came back from country so my wife could have internet when we first moved in. I havent had a problem yet and it only rarely goes down and only for a moment if that.
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.

Coop14
4 years ago#4
Egxamer1 posted...
wireless, linksys at least 6 years old i believe. my settings and stuff have been unchanged hell my buddy installed it for me before i came back from country so my wife could have internet when we first moved in. I havent had a problem yet and it only rarely goes down and only for a moment if that.

Eh I really hate to be the one to tell you this but scrap it.

Linksys routers while great at first have a habit of falling apart and they start to have troubles allowing stuff to go in and out. For a year I couldn't figure out why I couldn't watch youtube video, or download things .

After a ton of research linksys routers have a habit of crapping out and literally becoming aggressive dictators to your free web viewing. If I were to reccomend a router, get a netgear. They're ridiculously fast, affordable, and terrific if you have a ton of oncoming wireless devices.
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.

Egxamer1
4 years ago#5
will do then. Happen to have a comp wiz friend of mine coming in this weekend for the holiday, see if he cant help me pick a good one.

Egxamer1
4 years ago#6
is there a reason why my wireless would suddenly change with a computer update and cause me to not be able to log into wow? If so what can i do to fix things or perhaps restart to get it working until i can get a new router

Coop14
4 years ago#7
Egxamer1 posted...
is there a reason why my wireless would suddenly change with a computer update and cause me to not be able to log into wow? If so what can i do to fix things or perhaps restart to get it working until i can get a new router

This is what I did, however the fix may only work for a month or so

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/World_of_Warcraft_Downloader.htm
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Log in troubleshoot

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived