Just made a mage. What Spec is the best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Just made a mage. What Spec is the best?

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
4 years ago#11
I would suggest not going Fire at 90 until you can get 30% crit with Molten Armor and Arcane Brilliance. At 20% crit, it'll be about a 10k DPS loss over the other two specs. At least that was what my dummy testing showed.

Once I hit 30% crit however, Fire pulled ahead slightly. At least for me. This is probably because I'm better at Fire than the other two specs and I can usually pull within 5% of simulation maximum for my gear, so your results may vary.
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.

User Info: xFilth

xFilth
4 years ago#12
Arcane is not going to be fun in 5.2. I've been playing arcane with haste/invo build and it has been insane in burst and general single target dps, but after seeing the upcoming arcane changes, I switched back to fire last raid, and I'm loving it again. Even got ranked 7 on WoL on protectors - gotta love/hate rng specs, lol.

User Info: inferiorweasel

inferiorweasel
4 years ago#13
RentedToolbox posted...
inferiorweasel posted...
I've been Frost since vanilla, so for 8 years now. I love it, it's the only way I play. Arcane is too boring and fire is too single target for me. Frost is great for AOE farming as well.

But all 3 specs are great. Frost at end game doesn't provide the top DPS, but IMO it's more versatile with the best survivability over all 3 of the specs.

I don't know if you're played Fire recently, but right now it's all about blasting DOTs all over the place.

It's always been about dots. Single targetting units first. >.<
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Just made a mage. What Spec is the best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived