Which is more of a "Magic Knight"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Which is more of a "Magic Knight"

User Info: NeoSamuel

NeoSamuel
4 years ago#1
Death Knight or Enchance Shaman?
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

User Info: Marndos

Marndos
4 years ago#2
what is this "magic knight" point of reference exactly?
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.

User Info: bluemario

bluemario
4 years ago#3
Paladin
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.

User Info: EDarien

EDarien
4 years ago#4
Paladin and DK. Enhance Shaman isn't a knight in the least. They're more of a battle-mage than anything.

Paladin for the light magic. DK for necromantic Knight. There isn't a straight Magic Knight, though. Paladin is the closest, if their spell animations were arcane instead of Holy, they'd already be perfect, come to think.
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14

User Info: NeoSamuel

NeoSamuel
4 years ago#5
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support.
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

User Info: bluemario

bluemario
4 years ago#6
I think paladin fits that pretty well
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.

User Info: BushidoMusashi

BushidoMusashi
4 years ago#7
Well one uses magic the other is a knight. Neither are both strictly speaking. Paladin is closest to the concept I think you are going for though.
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum

User Info: Nightbird_X

Nightbird_X
4 years ago#8
NeoSamuel posted...
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support

Uh..DK and Paladin both fit this niche. They are both melee that use spells. Paladin more-so as they have a Healing tree.
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg

User Info: Marndos

Marndos
4 years ago#9
NeoSamuel posted...
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support.

Well both of those (along with Paladin) fit that description well.

Death Knights and Paladins fit the "knight" profile, plate-wearing badasses swinging giant weapons. Paladins use holy "magic" and DKs use necromancy-type magic.

Enhance Shamans are closer to a traditional "magic" class (fire and lightning and asplosions) but are closer in fighting style to an agile rogue-like fighter than a heavily-armored knight. Enhance Shamans are kinda like rogues who throw lightning.
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.

User Info: Brig123

Brig123
4 years ago#10
I'd say DK's. I always interpreted as 'magic' knights being synonymous with 'Runic' knights, ie knights that wield a large portion of their magic through magic weapons, absorbing and redirecting spells away from them.

DK's fill this role well with runic weapons, forging, and a lot of their spells are themed with deflecting magic (AMS, Dark Sim, AMZ)
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Which is more of a "Magic Knight"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived