What is the main reason on why you don't play the opposing faction?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What is the main reason on why you don't play the opposing faction?

User Info: rkade8583

rkade8583
4 years ago#31
I play Alliance now because Garrosh makes me feel like a war criminal every time I sign in on my main.
Steam/Skype/XBLA: RKade8583 LoL: RKade the Tank
I'm almost blind. If you think that's a problem then you haven't seen my skills. Spite motivates, believe me.

User Info: Elaeus

Elaeus
4 years ago#32
I like both factions for different reason, but I do favor Horde even though I started as Alliance in classic.

Now that I am thinking about it, the reason I am Horde is that I am in the same guild for 6 years, and I DO prefer to remain Horde, but long run? Yeah I can totally see myself rerolling on the Alliance side if a miracle happened and I left this guild which I been with again for over 6 years. Won't even stop there and say "I will miss Horde" even if that's true because like I said I like both for different reasons.

In fact, I wish a miracle happens and I start fresh on the Alliance. I won't faction change any of my current characters because their accomplishments in my eyes belong to the Horde, but I would totally be up to starting a new.
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.

User Info: spankie666

spankie666
4 years ago#33
Because its too much of a mission to start again. I love horde, in fact I have a horde tattoo. Yet I play alliance. Why? because I have invested too much time into my (once upon a time) alt and now developed a love for that class/character. "Why not just race change him?" you ask because I play with a friend who prefers alliance.

User Info: GateCaptain

GateCaptain
4 years ago#34
Cynghanedd posted...
I'm an adult, why would I play anything but Alliance?

hehe The sad thing is most kids roll horde on my server :( and I like the horde so I either restart on a new sever and.....take a year to re-earn all my stuff. Or I suffer Alliance BS.

User Info: thebladeofwoe

thebladeofwoe
4 years ago#35
I main an alliance warrior. But my alt is a resto/ele horde shaman.

Trolls are awesome, i love the starting area and org, yet i love SW too.

Once my main is capped and geared (as geared as one gets, while being a LFR hero right?) i will continue my sexy shaman.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119

User Info: ishingo69

ishingo69
4 years ago#36
I usually pick humans as my first character in games, which obviously sent me to the Alliance. Like someone said earlier, familiarity kept me there. But, when I tried Horde, I noticed the players were......let's just say "not nice". I knew my class, but I didn't know the locations of things (Org is confusing), and people would curse me out for asking questions of almost any kind. Yeah, I could google anything, but why would I want to be part of a community that wouldn't WANT to help a "new" player out. And I won't even start on dungeon party behavior.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos ffor the fly"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/silversyn/simple

User Info: gamefaqwatcher

gamefaqwatcher
4 years ago#37
I played alliance because i wanted to play dwarf. Nothing about lore or good /bad sides. I didn't bother to play horde because i prefered spending the time elsewhere.
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

User Info: Glockass1

Glockass1
4 years ago#38
We got bored playing Horde for 4 years straight so me and my friends decided to go Alliance.
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 years ago#39
My friends played Horde when I started and I stuck with it ever since. I do have an Alliance character that I dust off every now and then, but have only played it a little bit in Pandaria.

User Info: Giantwaspface

Giantwaspface
4 years ago#40
The Alliance races are just so... boring. Humans, short humans, even shorter humans, purple humans with big ears, werewolf humans, and those blue goat things with man-boobs.

Oh, and for the most part, they aren't even interesting variations on those over-done fantasy races; they are the most cliched and boring possible. Dwarfs drink beer, elves are tree huggers, blah de blah de blah...
"I told you I was ill"
-Spike Milligan's epitaph.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What is the main reason on why you don't play the opposing faction?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived