Vanilla player thinking about returning

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Vanilla player thinking about returning

User Info: palatinae

palatinae
1 year ago#11
Vindrith posted...
Honestly TC, you're better off spending your time on one of any number of games that are vastly superior to WoW in its current state.

Here are some games that are currently better than WoW:

You know what the #1 most googled phrase is (by gamers)?
< Games similar to World of Warcraft >

As to the TC, I myself starting playing WoW a couple months after it's original release. I played all the way up to (almost) the end of Cata. I came back a few weeks ago. I say all this because we have similar scenarios. I am glad I came back. The game is A LOT different, but is enjoyable (imo) nonetheless. This is a great time to come back as you know because with each expansion, the playing field is "leveled" and allows players to catch up with everyone else. If you pre-order Legion, you get a free lvl 100 boost which includes a lvl 3 garrison, all 700 skill professions and a couple other things that I forget (mounts maybe?). My advice is to play the trial version a little - although it really won't give you a real feel for end game characters - and then pick a character and go with it. Good luck and have fun!
phone app - FFRK friend code: bkZW for Planet Protector
Playing WoW again! Fenris server (Alliance) - Palatinae

User Info: nightcola

nightcola
1 year ago#12
everything is OP compared to mobs out in the world, pick whatever class you think you'll enjoy watching the same attacks from over and over and over

Lol this sounds sarcastic but is it true ?

User Info: palatinae

palatinae
1 year ago#13
nightcola posted...
everything is OP compared to mobs out in the world, pick whatever class you think you'll enjoy watching the same attacks from over and over and over

Lol this sounds sarcastic but is it true ?

To some extent, yes. You will develop a rotation of abilities and you will use that rotation again and again and again. But, you can play other specs on that character or you can play other characters all together. If you could ONLY play 1 character and ONLY 1 spec, that would be kind of monotonous. As far as being OP versus mobs in the world, this is completely gear dependent. When I was lvl 100 with iLvL 630 gear, the mobs in Tanaan Jungle would tear me up. I mean, I could beat them but it was a struggle. Now my gear is substantially better and I can round up multiple elites and kill them all at once without much effort at all.
phone app - FFRK friend code: bkZW for Planet Protector
Playing WoW again! Fenris server (Alliance) - Palatinae

User Info: Bail_Tavira

Bail_Tavira
1 year ago#14
Vindrith posted...
Honestly TC, you're better off spending your time on one of any number of games that are vastly superior to WoW in its current state.

User Info: VIC10U5

VIC10U5
1 year ago#15
I have already gone over my reasons for returning so that is a moot point. Have a rogue at 19 but am not sure I truly understand the playstyle yet.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Vanilla player thinking about returning

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived