Looking for Legion Garrison Advice

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Looking for Legion Garrison Advice

User Info: nightcola

nightcola
1 year ago#1
I have not played Warlords of Draenor before so this is new for me and I have just got my Garrison to level 2. I have built a Lumber Mill and Blacksmith and I can't remember the 3rd. I'm a little confused on this new mechanic. I thought a Blacksmith may be helpful since I'm a plate wearer but im not a miner and I thought I could of got resources another way. I am looking for tips here of what to scrap/build. Looking for up to date tips as this is Legion now. What are my options of what i can really do ? and what would you advise ? Thanks.

User Info: Fist_of_Suns

Fist_of_Suns
1 year ago#2
nightcola posted...
I have not played Warlords of Draenor before so this is new for me and I have just got my Garrison to level 2. I have built a Lumber Mill and Blacksmith and I can't remember the 3rd. I'm a little confused on this new mechanic. I thought a Blacksmith may be helpful since I'm a plate wearer but im not a miner and I thought I could of got resources another way. I am looking for tips here of what to scrap/build. Looking for up to date tips as this is Legion now. What are my options of what i can really do ? and what would you advise ? Thanks.

My advise, dont bother with garrisons now.

When legion is playable in less than 2 weeks, garrissons are obsolete, no use in legion. At this point it will only cost you gold to build up.
Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 8
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
1 year ago#3
1. Garrison has a mine that you can upgrade, it refreshes with ore nodes once a day. Regardless of mining skill or lack of it, you'll be able to mine "normally" in that mine.

2. Taking same-profession small buildings will allow you to get more of your daily cooldown crafting material, via Work Orders.
Different-profession small buildings allow you some, but not all crafting options for that profession. For example, having an enchanting hut at level 3 will grant you all WoD enchants aside from the strongest weapon ones.

3. Lumber Mill is good early on for extra GR, but later you will be swimming in it.

4. Get a level 2 inn ASAP, you can recruit a follower of your choice each week -- specify "Extreme Scavenger" which increases GR yield by 200% and stacks with itself and normal Scavenger (the normal one increases GR yield by 100%).
Extreme Scavenger was what replaced Treasure Hunter (which increased gold yields by 100%).

5. Trading Post is important to dump GR by converting it into WoD mats. Each day a trader arrives and offers material trades at different ratios of GR to mat.
Best is 16 GR per material (3200 for a stack of 200).
Worst is 40 GR per material (8000 for a stack of 200... don't do this).

With a team of extreme scavengers and only buying when the trader offers deals at 16 per, you will be swimming in WoD materials to powerlevel crafting, make useful stuff like 30 slot bags, and so on.

Edit: But yes, you missed the boat on easy gold from Garrisons, so I can't really say if it's worth investing money to build the structures now.
Back during WoD's main life cycle, you could get INSANE gold, and then after prepatch you'd already have an Extreme Scavenger team (instead of your old Treasure Hunter team) ready to haul in the Garrison Resources.

User Info: nightcola

nightcola
1 year ago#4
Ok but why will they be obsolete exactly ? also is it still true if I don't buy Legion just yet ?

So just avoid garrisons totally now ? including sending followers on missions ?

I can see the benefits but its not why I played wow. I like to slice and dice enemies and throw fireballs. It reminds me of Fallout 4 and how crafting took over that game and you think to yourself....why am i playing this again ? lol

User Info: Roxas_1124

Roxas_1124
1 year ago#5
nightcola posted...
Ok but why will they be obsolete exactly ? also is it still true if I don't buy Legion just yet ?

So just avoid garrisons totally now ? including sending followers on missions ?

I can see the benefits but its not why I played wow. I like to slice and dice enemies and throw fireballs. It reminds me of Fallout 4 and how crafting took over that game and you think to yourself....why am i playing this again ? lol

If you don't buy legion, you will be unable to do any actual relevant content. I can't recommend staying in Draenor.

User Info: MooreCoffee

MooreCoffee
1 year ago#6
Don't bother with them. Either buy Legion or unsubscribe until you do.
PSN Ranger_Shuffle Please add me for Dark Souls 3 activities!
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Looking for Legion Garrison Advice

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived