I used to love this game. Now I look back on it and am disgusted.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I used to love this game. Now I look back on it and am disgusted.

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
4 months ago#21
Anacrusys posted...
That said, legion is the best expansion for many years according to almost everyone, and it's a ton of fun.

I tend to agree with this and I can't put my finger on why. At this rate Legion will be my most played expansion. I'm not really playing more per day, but there have definitely been fewer and shorter breaks away from the game
http://imgur.com/lWlETpM --- ps4 board group picture

User Info: Vindris__

Vindris__
4 months ago#22
Anacrusys posted...
for about 20 days

20 days off of WoW? That would be an amazing accomplishment for someone who's addicted. Not that long for someone who's not though. Seeing as you seem to consider this a "break", sounds to me like you're quite addicted.

I haven't played WoW for 4 years. No interest in playing. In fact the thought of playing again makes me literally cringe.

Anacrusys posted...
What games are you playing that you think are better than wow ever was?

Terraria, Elite: Dangerous, Stellaris, Civilization V, Cities: Skylines, Street Fighter V, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, The Division, Stardew Valley, Outlast, Starbound, Tales of Xillia... the list goes on.

I've had more fun with these games than I ever had with WoW. While I haven't spent nearly as much time on these games, I've enjoyed much higher peak levels of actual fun, as opposed to just being addicted.
glitteringfairy: Just build the damn wall
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: Checkmate88

Checkmate88
4 months ago#23
No idea how people can just play one game nearly exclusively.

Seems a like a sure way to get burnt out on it.

I like WoW because I play it when I want to, and leave it at that.
http://i.imgur.com/D49RFY7.gifv

User Info: Vindris_SNH

Vindris_SNH
4 months ago#24
Checkmate88 posted...
No idea how people can just play one game nearly exclusively.

Seems a like a sure way to get burnt out on it.

I like WoW because I play it when I want to, and leave it at that.

I wish I could've/would've done that but I just got too addicted, haha
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
4 months ago#25
Vindris, not bashing you or your right to be here, but after you posted

" I haven't played WoW for 4 years. No interest in playing. In fact the thought of playing again makes me literally cringe."

It makes me wonder why you still come to the board to talk a out WoW.
---

Vindris_SNH
4 months ago#26
ImBadAtGames posted...
Vindris, not bashing you or your right to be here, but after you posted

" I haven't played WoW for 4 years. No interest in playing. In fact the thought of playing again makes me literally cringe."

It makes me wonder why you still come to the board to talk a out WoW.

Why come to any board and talk about anything? Because a thought popped in your head, because you found it interesting, and because you want a group to discuss it with. Or just because I'm bored.

Truth is, my brother brought it up for the millionth time. Asked me to come play WoW with him again. He does this about once every month or two. And it got me to thinking about WoW again. I was trying to reminisce about the good old days of WoW after he mentioned it to me, but instead of good thoughts going through my head, I just kept thinking about how stupid it was for me to do the same thing over and over for 8 years, and how it wasn't actually fun for me but rather just extremely addictive. And that's when I started thinking more about that, and made this thread.

So there you have it.

ImBadAtGames
4 months ago#27
Ah, an ex alcoholic is asked to take a drink, goes to the alcohol section of the grocery store to stand around and talk about how much time was wasted drinking to anyone else in the aisle.
---

Vindris_SNH
4 months ago#28
ImBadAtGames posted...
Ah, an ex alcoholic is asked to take a drink, goes to the alcohol section of the grocery store to stand around and talk about how much time was wasted drinking to anyone else in the aisle.

lol pmuch

I think I'll be going now

ImBadAtGames
4 months ago#29
If you want. It's a free board. Just shooting the breeze with an ex-wowcoholic.
---
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I used to love this game. Now I look back on it and am disgusted.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived