Am I a bad person for not looking how MMORPGS have become over the past 7 years?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Am I a bad person for not looking how MMORPGS have become over the past 7 years?

User Info: Izzythewinner

Izzythewinner
3 months ago#61
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
just because you disagree with it, doesnt mean its bad at all lol FF11 is one of the few mmorpgs that outlasted it's lifespan and still continues to do so. what misinformation are you talking about? the game is definetly still going pretty strong, im guessing you didnt like it that much, which is why you sound so triggered or cross.

Saying FF11 is one of the top 2-3 MMOs longevity wise is factually incorrect. Regardless of what you think of the quality of the games. Everquest, Runescape and Eve Online are three that predate it and are still going today.

well its definetly up there, i know eve online has more players last i checked but if you want to resort to semantics about one little detail i said that i estimated then i guess you dont have much of an argument to begin with
Also Known as IzzyTheWhiner by Bad users!
- Izzy The Winner, Best GameFaqs User

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 months ago#62
Izzythewinner posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
just because you disagree with it, doesnt mean its bad at all lol FF11 is one of the few mmorpgs that outlasted it's lifespan and still continues to do so. what misinformation are you talking about? the game is definetly still going pretty strong, im guessing you didnt like it that much, which is why you sound so triggered or cross.

Saying FF11 is one of the top 2-3 MMOs longevity wise is factually incorrect. Regardless of what you think of the quality of the games. Everquest, Runescape and Eve Online are three that predate it and are still going today.

well its definetly up there, i know eve online has more players last i checked but if you want to resort to semantics about one little detail i said that i estimated then i guess you dont have much of an argument to begin with

You're saying stuff to make points and they aren't true.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

Izzythewinner
3 months ago#63
yup here come the semanticsWoodenRook posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

yup here comes the semantics

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 months ago#64
Izzythewinner posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

I don't think you know what semantics means. You already showed you don't know that WoW and Final Fantasy aren't the whole MMO genre. You already showed that you don't know older MMOs are still alive and successful. And you already showed that you use your own very warped opinion and try to pass it off as fact.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

Izzythewinner
3 months ago#65
WoodenRook posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

I don't think you know what semantics means. You already showed you don't know that WoW and Final Fantasy aren't the whole MMO genre. You already showed that you don't know older MMOs are still alive and successful. And you already showed that you use your own very warped opinion and try to pass it off as fact.

u are the one thats warping it not me, just because i said 2-3rd place about final fantasy 11's unconfirmed standing as a long term successful mmo suddenly im completely wrong, again semantics, i know as a fact im not wrong because i definitely perfer the way the games were back then which was kind of the whole point of the thread, but again not gonna get into semantics on that.

i already made many points about how mmos are better when they arent only focused on endgame, and better off when content is evenly divided from beginning to end, i just like using ff11 as an example because it seemed to have done it the best, and i played it alot, and still play it till this day. but apparently using a point of reference is a fallacy to you so i guess theres no more reason to discuss

User Info: Ruvan22

Ruvan22
3 months ago#66
Izzythewinner posted...
WoodenRook posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
Major Gamer posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

u are the one thats warping it not me, just because i said 2-3rd place about final fantasy 11's unconfirmed standing as a long term successful mmo suddenly im completely wrong, again semantics, i know as a fact im not wrong because i definitely perfer the way the games were back then which was kind of the whole point of the thread, but again not gonna get into semantics on that.

i already made many points about how mmos are better when they arent only focused on endgame, and better off when content is evenly divided from beginning to end, i just like using ff11 as an example because it seemed to have done it the best, and i played it alot, and still play it till this day. but apparently using a point of reference is a fallacy to you so i guess theres no more reason to discuss

Aren't you just arguing semantics then? What you consider "better" is not what most of the other players do, otherwise it would have stayed the way you want.

Izzythewinner
3 months ago#67
of course its better. why else cant theme park mmos stay relevant anymore then 2 months now? Lol

i already mentioned multiple facts on how its better....but since im such a nice person ill do it again using ff11 as an example

-the game is still relevant after 16 years
-content support in all parts of the game not only endgame
-crafting system that actually hard purpose
-wasnt a theme park mmo, felt like an adventure not a lobby
-penalties upon failure (exp loss/material loss) which is a necessary evil

compare those details to any themepark mmo that came after WoW and i promise you they didnt have any of those details, and also arent relevant anymore. i can think of a few right now. Swtor/tera/aion/warhammer online and Rift are just a few i can think at the top of my head that ended up having to go F2P or pretty much lost its entire population, one of the mentioned even shutdown

Ruvan22
3 months ago#68
Izzythewinner posted...
of course its better. why else cant theme park mmos stay relevant anymore then 2 months now? Lol

i already mentioned multiple facts on how its better....but since im such a nice person ill do it again using ff11 as an example

compare those details to any themepark mmo that came after WoW and i promise you they didnt have any of those details, and also arent relevant anymore. i can think of a few right now. Swtor/tera/aion/warhammer online and Rift are just a few i can think at the top of my head that ended up having to go F2P or pretty much lost its entire population, one of the mentioned even shutdown

That's still (to use your phrase) semantics - some people want a theme park, or didn't want harsh failure penalties, didn't want a crafting system that was another time sink, etc. So what makes it "better" for you doesn't necessarily make it something other people would think is "better".

Better has the three following definitions:
1.of superior quality or excellence:
(a better coat; a better speech)
2.morally superior; more virtuous:
(They are no better than thieves)
3.of superior suitability, advisability, desirability, acceptableness, etc.; preferable:
(a better time for action)

You seem to be trying to use the last definition (which is fine, that's what you want in a game) - but it means it's better for YOU - not necessarily everybody else.

Izzythewinner
3 months ago#69
Ruvan22 posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

That's still (to use your phrase) semantics - some people want a theme park, or didn't want harsh failure penalties, didn't want a crafting system that was another time sink, etc. So what makes it "better" for you doesn't necessarily make it something other people would think is "better".

3.of superior suitability, advisability, desirability, acceptableness, etc.; preferable:

You seem to be trying to use the last definition (which is fine, that's what you want in a game) - but it means it's better for YOU - not necessarily everybody else.

Not semantics at all, the bullet points i mentioned are all solid facts. Theme park mmorpgs dont stay relevant at all after 2 months and those are some of the examples i narrowed down.

Ruvan22
3 months ago#70
Izzythewinner posted...
Ruvan22 posted...
Izzythewinner posted...

Not semantics at all, the bullet points i mentioned are all solid facts. Theme park mmorpgs dont stay relevant at all after 2 months and those are some of the examples i narrowed down.

I think in addition misunderstanding what the definition of "better"is, you may be misunderstanding what a "fact" is. Take your "felt like an adventure not a lobby" - again, that's what YOU felt, I'm sure lots of people that played SWTOR etc felt a sense of adventure. Or "penalties upon failure (exp loss/material loss) which is a necessary evil" - how is the latter part of this a fact? Again, it's what YOU prefer, which doesn't mean it's true - it would be like saying "Cheese should have hole, therefore Swiss cheese is a better cheese than cheddar"
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Am I a bad person for not looking how MMORPGS have become over the past 7 years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived