All 8.0 expansion "leaks" so far

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. All 8.0 expansion "leaks" so far

User Info: Sephiroth C Ryu

Sephiroth C Ryu
4 months ago#31
Ivany2008 posted...
still surprised they haven't put dark rangers in the game yet. It was arguably my favorite class from footmen frenzy, and the idea of killing enemies only to resurrect them to fight for you really intrigues me.

Its a Death Knight/Necromancer with a bow really.

If you want something similar, try the new necromancer class in Diablo, since you can resurrect the ACTUAL enemies with it if you want. Which is closer than you will ever get with WoW, on account of the fact that any class they make has to be viable in a situation where the only enemy around is the boss and thus can't make a class or spec that has a major portion of its power tied to there being enemy corpses around (they could make it like hunter pets, but then they would have to worry about dark rangers "taming" all kinds of things that they don't want actually being "pets" of players).
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!

User Info: Aunadar

Aunadar
3 months ago#32
pegusus123456 posted...
^I remember reading that they're planning to change demo into summoning big, powerful demons less often, but that such drastic change is saved for expansions.

I like how this is an acceptable practice for Blizzard.

"Hey remember how things were? They're gone now. You have to wait a few years and pay us a premium for something different, lest you be stuck with the garbage we've left behind in the meantime.

Thanks."

User Info: TheTrueAmerican

TheTrueAmerican
3 months ago#33
Ivany2008 posted...
still surprised they haven't put dark rangers in the game yet. It was arguably my favorite class from footmen frenzy, and the idea of killing enemies only to resurrect them to fight for you really intrigues me.

Somewhere they said necromancer wouldn't work in WoW.
http://i.imgur.com/keNzMim.gifv

User Info: Sephiroth C Ryu

Sephiroth C Ryu
3 months ago#34
It CAN work in WoW. The issue is that it simply cannot work much differently from some sort of hybrid between how Warlocks and Death Knights work.

I mean, the REAL issue is quite simple. You can't have a class in WoW that resurrects and actual enemy corpse as its original self for both balance reasons, ABD for re-coding-every-NPC reasons if they were to only allow you to keep the "appearance" like a hunter pet (i.e preventing necromancers from getting the appearances of named NPCs as their "pets").

Once you ditch that though, you are left with, well... basically something between a warlock and a death knight. Give them a bow and you now have a Dark ranger instead, but it would still not be liable to feel much different from classes we already got (it would just be a death knight hunter combo now). I mean, Demon Hunter is the closest "overlap" we have so far due to being a fel-based class, but even it at least differs from warlocks in that it is melee while warlocks are ranged.
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!

User Info: VyersReaver

VyersReaver
3 months ago#35
lyricson posted...
ShadowEdgeX posted...
lyricson posted...
I'm pretty sure sargeras won't really be defeted at the end of this extention and all of those "leaks" seems to imply that he was. Sargeras is too big of an ennemy to be defeted in legion, he is way above the power of the vast majority of what we fought so far in wow and i'm pretty sure Legion is more of a way to bring him in than an extension where you beat the guy.

The end of this expansion has been datamined already.

Ah well... then i just really don't like it. I don't think we are to a point were we should be able to beat sargeras in any way, the guy is a god. The only being that are stronger than him known at this point are old gods and we didn't even really beat archimonde so... (and i'm pretty sure the "leak" below your post is false considering it simply repeat the lich king ending)

YOU DON'T SAY?!
3DS FC: 2423 - 4301 - 6207
Moon IGN: Safer

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
3 months ago#36
lyricson posted...
ShadowEdgeX posted...
lyricson posted...
I'm pretty sure sargeras won't really be defeted at the end of this extention and all of those "leaks" seems to imply that he was. Sargeras is too big of an ennemy to be defeted in legion, he is way above the power of the vast majority of what we fought so far in wow and i'm pretty sure Legion is more of a way to bring him in than an extension where you beat the guy.

The end of this expansion has been datamined already.

Ah well... then i just really don't like it. I don't think we are to a point were we should be able to beat sargeras in any way, the guy is a god. The only being that are stronger than him known at this point are old gods and we didn't even really beat archimonde so... (and i'm pretty sure the "leak" below your post is false considering it simply repeat the lich king ending)

Sargeras is a Titan. Titan's are not gods, not even close. The Old Gods themselves are also not stronger then Sargeras, only the Void Lords outweight the power of a Titan right now in Warcraft's lore, which is why Sargeras went bats*** crazy trying to unmake the universe.

That said - We've killed both Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden (I've no idea where you got it in your head that we didn't actually kill Archimonde, both are dead), the latter of which we killed more or less without any assistance.

We also aren't directly fighting Sargeras in Antorus anyways, though that said we are defeating two Titans all the same, and permanently sealing Sargeras' soul away so that he's no longer a threat to the universe. But that aside, it still doesn't change the fact that Sargeras is not a god, nor are the Titans godlike in anything other then the way the people of Azeroth once looked at them as.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 months ago#37
Only class that would bring me back is Worker/Peon
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: pegusus123456

pegusus123456
3 months ago#38
Ness0123456789 posted...
Sargeras is a Titan. Titan's are not gods, not even close.

Ness0123456789 posted...
But that aside, it still doesn't change the fact that Sargeras is not a god, nor are the Titans godlike in anything other then the way the people of Azeroth once looked at them as.

The dude can Batista bomb planets, I think it's okay to call him a god. At the very least, you don't have to do a three paragraph post about how they're not gods.
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif

User Info: Missiletainn

Missiletainn
3 months ago#39
God forbid people want a class other than the necromancer. Are you people necrophiles? Wiccans? I swear this derivative s*** is suggested with every sunrise.

I want the tinker. I know it's not much more original but at least the gameplay would be different, as opposed to "ranged unholy DK".
FC: 3883-6019-3353

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
3 months ago#40
Mobile_Platform posted...
God forbid people want a class other than the necromancer. Are you people necrophiles? Wiccans? I swear this derivative s*** is suggested with every sunrise.

I want the tinker. I know it's not much more original but at least the gameplay would be different, as opposed to "ranged unholy DK".

oh look, they both follow the dark arts therefore they must be the same. They can make Dark Ranger completely different to Death Knight and Hunter if they chose.

A minion based hero whose sole focus is to keep her undead army alive through buffs. She could have the option of attacking her own minions to heal them, or buff them, with the ability of controlling multiple pets at once, sacrificing one to restore health, or sacrificing one to buff/evolve another, with the occasional black arrow to an enemy to attempt to summon another minion.

Shooting blood packets at enemies to cause her own minions to go into a frenzy, exploring the dark side of Azeroth(not the dead side)(which could be the corporeal death plane), along with giving a ton of more lore to Sylvannas, since she is a Dark Ranger.

Just saying, there are plenty of options they could go with. I'm not against another hero like a Mountain King, or a Tinker, I just want Dark Ranger since it was my favorite class in WC3.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. All 8.0 expansion "leaks" so far

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived