Official forums are toxic (well US forums are)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Official forums are toxic (well US forums are)

User Info: pomerleaub

pomerleaub
2 months ago#1
dont bother using US forums you will get trolled on bad and GMs dont curb the toxic behavior either they just reward it , ive been looking around found a few boards including reddit that seems alot better !!!
gfaq55b

User Info: Rika_Furude

Rika_Furude
2 months ago#2
Reddit isnt good for discussion due to the upvote/downvote system. I dunno of any other boards to discuss the game other than here, battle.net and wowhead
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.1

User Info: BahamutDragoon

BahamutDragoon
2 months ago#3
Looking at this from a "grass is greener" approach will only end in disappointment I'm afraid.

The nature of the Internet and MMOs just is a horrible combination that brings out the worst in people compounded by the anonymity of being on the Internet. It may seem better at first, but hopefully you realize sooner or later that it will be the same old s*** on any discussion board you visit.
Look down.
Look up.

User Info: ShiningForceX

ShiningForceX
2 months ago#4
Forums have been toxic for years.
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
2 months ago#5
The Story forums are the worst. Have a small handful of people derailing every thread, and the mods don't care. Given enough time every thread there will devolve into people arguing about Jaina and the Purge of Dalaran.
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

User Info: pomerleaub

pomerleaub
1 month ago#6
ShiningForceX posted...

its only gotten worse , now a days mods either just dump the thread if someone is getting harassed or trolled really bad instead of enforcing forum rules, heck i made a thread 2 months ago (before they removed the vote down) it had to do with upcoming raid at the time (tomb of sargeras) i ended up with -36 (dislikes) and got trolled pretty bad (troll posts had ridiculous amount of likes go figure) also recieved some death threats ( i reported the trolls for trolling and the people that were making threats of violence aka telling me they quote "gonna shove their AR15s barrel down my throat" etc.) i get a 72 hour ban for spam yet a GM (via web ticket) came out and said it wasnt for spam but for reporting the death threat (they dont consider users telling others that they will shove barrels of guns down peoples throats as threats i assume when it is considered a threat) they litterally just 404 the thread to cover their poor moderation or unjust moderation and/there lack of !!! its gotten worse sadly been a off and on wow player since '06 ,b4 that a HC warcraft 3 player , ever since 2010 ive noticed Blizzard getting lazier when it comes to customer service !!!
gfaq55b

User Info: VyersReaver

VyersReaver
1 month ago#7
Yup, that they are.
On some topic I just said that I don't use any Recount-style addon, and I was log-shamed, elitism-shamed, and someone wished that I get kicked from every PuG, ever.

Sweet place.
3DS FC: 2423 - 4301 - 6207
Moon IGN: Safer

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
1 month ago#8
VyersReaver posted...
log-shamed, elitism-shamed, and someone wished that I get kicked from every PuG, ever.

I'm pretty sure we would be seeing similar behavior from some people here if, like on the official forums, it was mandatory to have one of your characters visible (which could then be looked up on the armory etc).

It's why low-level "posting alts" are fairly common on the official boards. But then the elitism evolves to automatically discount the opinion of anyone using a posting alt.

It's not something unique to Blizzard games or games in general, but pretty much this:
ShiningForceX posted...

What was that comic? Think it was penny arcade or something.
Normal person + anonymity + audience = total f***wad

User Info: OccamUnshaved

OccamUnshaved
1 month ago#9
Pokeymuns posted...
What was that comic? Think it was penny arcade or something.
Normal person + anonymity + audience = total f***wad

The Greater Internet f***wad Theory! https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

I don't see too much of the toxicity mentioned, but I almost exclusively visit the class forums, so maybe that's why? The few forays into general I've taken didn't last long, just not a lot of worthwhile discussion.

Mmo-champ, now...that's some s***. I don't think there's a worse bunch of gaming forums anywhere. The class forums aren't too bad but anything else is just pure cancer.
"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent." -Carl Sagan

User Info: BlackSpiral

BlackSpiral
1 month ago#10
Pretty much any WOW forum will have a toxic mess tied to it.
Granted the same can be said with many MMO message boards.
I tend to use Websites like Icy Veins, Wowhead, or the Class Discords for WOW info I need.
My mind is like a steel trap, rusty and illegal in 37 states.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Official forums are toxic (well US forums are)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived