Does anyone actually enjoy time gatted material?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does anyone actually enjoy time gatted material?

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
2 months ago#21
I'm not saying it's not annoying to those who haven't done it but pathfinder achievements including WoD have not been significantly sped up. No matter how old content is the devs want players to see and experience the content how they intended. Right or wrong it's their artistic choice and the players have two choices that actually matter that could effect the outcome.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: Theshamen

Theshamen
2 months ago#22
Heftybags posted...
I'm not saying it's not annoying to those who haven't done it but pathfinder achievements including WoD have not been significantly sped up. No matter how old content is the devs want players to see and experience the content how they intended. Right or wrong it's their artistic choice and the players have two choices that actually matter that could effect the outcome.

Thats why I favor the class hall gear achieves being account wide. Just like flying is.

Let me have my damn shoulderpads.

You should never be punished for not having alts, but content shouldn't be made in a way that specifically prevents you from getting things just because you have alts
VEGAS RAIDERS BABY

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
2 months ago#23
Richter1234 posted...
Did I say anything about them being a charity? Its sad the development teams best idea for keeping people playing is time gating. Its a lazy marketing scheme.

I constantly see people saying blizzard is lazy, but what do you actually mean?

If they time gate then they are lazy for slowly releasing new content.

If they rush constant content to please people then they will be called lazy because the content isn't as quality as one would expect.

Literally asking here, what do you want?
---

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
2 months ago#24
raids are time gatted

wow s*** game xd
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: Aceron

Aceron
2 months ago#25
Theshamen posted...
Heftybags posted...

Thats why I favor the class hall gear achieves being account wide. Just like flying is.

Let me have my damn shoulderpads.

You should never be punished for not having alts, but content shouldn't be made in a way that specifically prevents you from getting things just because you have alts

You can buy the entire set for 1000 nethershards.
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL

User Info: Richter1234

Richter1234
2 months ago#26
ImBadAtGames posted...
Richter1234 posted...
Did I say anything about them being a charity? Its sad the development teams best idea for keeping people playing is time gating. Its a lazy marketing scheme.

If they rush constant content to please people then they will be called lazy because the content isn't as quality as one would expect.

I said nothing about contet being released in a timley manner. I'm referring to things like the old system for AK or for Suramar rep gains or certain missions require you to complete so many follower missions. I don't mind them time gating content and releasing it when its done. But even after its released they still time gate things. If I want to complete my class hall quests asap I shouldnt be forced to wait almost half a day because I'm have to complete follower missions that take several hours which I have no control over. I feel it punishes newer players. When it use to take 5 days to research your next AK. Or my mage had class hall folower missions I had to complete for quests where some of them took around a full day to complete. Or having to complete 4 8 hour follower missions on the broken shore for a single quest chapter. Things like this make me think the develepors would rather go this route then implement other factors in the game. And time gating is the simplest form of extending gameplay.
"Lucius: AFLONG AFLONGKONG"

User Info: Theshamen

Theshamen
2 months ago#27
Aceron posted...

You can buy the entire set for 1000 nethershards.

Where?

Are you referring to the paladin weapon set?
VEGAS RAIDERS BABY

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#28
Richter1234 posted...
Advance the story? So when you need to get 7k rep and there isnt anything othet than WQs how do you go about advancing the story?

Then you won't see just 4 World Quests anymore. You'll see 7-8 like everyone else.

Richter1234 posted...
If I want to complete my class hall quests asap I shouldnt be forced to wait almost half a day because I'm have to complete follower missions that take several hours which I have no control over. I feel it punishes newer players.

Everyone else had to do them when they lasted days so suck it up.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
2 months ago#29
I actually don't mind time gated stuff. If I'm right at the gate, I actually prefer it because it gives me an excuse to do other things and not just focus on the most current content.

Now if I'm behind, it's a little annoying.

User Info: Aunadar

Aunadar
2 months ago#30
Richter1234 posted...
ImBadAtGames posted...
Richter1234 posted...

I said nothing about contet being released in a timley manner. I'm referring to things like the old system for AK or for Suramar rep gains or certain missions require you to complete so many follower missions. I don't mind them time gating content and releasing it when its done. But even after its released they still time gate things. If I want to complete my class hall quests asap I shouldnt be forced to wait almost half a day because I'm have to complete follower missions that take several hours which I have no control over. I feel it punishes newer players. When it use to take 5 days to research your next AK. Or my mage had class hall folower missions I had to complete for quests where some of them took around a full day to complete. Or having to complete 4 8 hour follower missions on the broken shore for a single quest chapter. Things like this make me think the develepors would rather go this route then implement other factors in the game. And time gating is the simplest form of extending gameplay.

Fate of the game my friend. The measurement of success for Blizzard is not sub numbers anymore, it's how long you can string people along to play through all the time-gated nonsense that looks good now.

Jim paid a sub, logged on to raid only. Hours playing per week were below average.
Bob paid a sub, and also spent hours daily doing nonsensical garbage chores on top of raiding. He looks like a dedicated fan of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does anyone actually enjoy time gatted material?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived