Off-Spec Legendaries

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Off-Spec Legendaries

User Info: Crisis_UK

Crisis_UK
3 months ago#1
Just after some information.

I currently have 2 Protection legendaries for my warrior "Thundergod's Vigor" & "Ararat's Bloodmirror" but am now wanting to get some Fury legendaries for my off spec.

As far as i understand, because they are both prot based legendaries then it means my bad luck protection counts as having 0 legendaries as long as i am in Fury spec.

My questions is, can i keep those 2 legendaries equped (They have much higher stats than anything i can get hold of currently) and still keep my bad luck protection? or do i have to have them un-equipped in order for the game to think i have 0 legendaries?
I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
3 months ago#2
Hard to say since droprates are veiled, but wearing them should be fine.
A legendary counts towards your legendary droprate for a spec if it can drop for said spec, so Thundergod's and Ararat's shouldn't affect fury/arms at all, worn or not.

Also, this has nothing to do with bad luck protection, what it affects is the increased dropchance for your first and second legendaries for a spec (large boost for the first one, somewhat smaller boost for the second one).
Once you have two valid legendaries for each spec (whether this is two spec-specific legendaries for all your specs, or a worst-case of only two legendaries total from the generic cross-spec pool), the chances of getting your next legendary item level out regardless of spec or how many total legendaries you own. At this point changing your loot spec is just changes the pool of spec-specific legendaries you roll on, it doesn't affect the actual chances one bit.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
3 months ago#3
It doesn't matter if you equip them or hide them in your bank. The game knows you have those legendaries. But no worries, each spec has its "separate" bad luck protection. So if you switch to another spec, its first legendary is very likely to drop fast because the first two legendary drops of each spec have higher drop rates. Even universal legendaries like Sephuz & Prydaz count in separate loot tables, BUT your class specific ones that work for all 3 specs will count as a drop for each spec's bad luck protection. So lets say, if you find Aggramar's Stride on your Arms, it will reset the bad luck protection for all 3 specs, but something like Sephuz won't.

Overall, it's best to switch specs and score the first legendaries asap. Don't worry if you get a utility one that works for all 3 specs. Everyone has to go through s*** legendaries to find the ones they need, so get it over with.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
3 months ago#4
Sephuz and Prydaz are part of that pool too, they are not a separate loot table
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: d209999

d209999
3 months ago#5
myztikrice posted...

This. If I ding a fresh 110 and get Sephuz as my first legendary, the game considers me as having 1 legendary in every spec.
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

MrXGamer
3 months ago#6
Ah, you're right. Either this was changed or some article I read a while ago had wrong info.

Anyway, both of those legendaries were buffed over time to become mid tier at least. If they drop first, it's more of a good news because they buff all specs.
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
3 months ago#7
if they drop first you should cry because you can't get your easy 1st legendary on every spec
http://i.imgur.com/WRuboBm.jpg
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

MrXGamer
3 months ago#8
Garquill posted...
if they drop first you should cry because you can't get your easy 1st legendary on every spec

My last alt got 4 legendaries in 3 weeks because they were all spec exclusive. Honestly I wish I could trade them for Prydaz and Sephuz because they are the worst possible legendaries for each spec. The fact is, Prydaz and Sephuz are better than more than half the legendaries out there. So I'd rather have two guaranteed good ones than the garbage which almost make no difference. And like I said before, sooner or later those legendaries will reset all your bad luck protection anyway, so overall wait time ends up being the same. It's not as bad as it used to be. As the expansion is coming to an end, they're slowly increasing the drop chances for players to catch up.

User Info: AllGodsDie

AllGodsDie
3 months ago#9
d209999 posted...
myztikrice posted...

This. If I ding a fresh 110 and get Sephuz as my first legendary, the game considers me as having 1 legendary in every spec.

Yep, the ultimate cuckarino.
Steam/PSN-Allgodsdie
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Off-Spec Legendaries

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived