Got a legendary for a spec I don't play or use.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Got a legendary for a spec I don't play or use.

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
3 months ago#1
I have all the legendaries for my main spec fury and got a legendary for arms spec. I don't play or use or never selected to change my loot type. I haven't heard anything about the game giving legendaries for other specs once you have them all for your main spec but it looks like it does.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
3 months ago#2
It was a 7.2.5 undocumented change.

They probably felt it was about time that regular players would be approaching the legendary cap for any given spec, and running into the issue of changing lootspec to get different legendaries, but also messing up their relic/trinket/etc. loot table.

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
3 months ago#3
Makes sense. I missed that change it actually seems like a fairly big change that should have been documented for the reasons you stated.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
3 months ago#4
I could have sworn I read it somewhere in black and white, but it wasn't in the 7.2.5 patch notes when I checked them before making post #2, nor in the hotfixes notes for the week following 7.2.5's deployment.

Trying to remember.

Found it:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=263131/live-developer-q-a-for-april-27th
From the 7.2 Q&A with Ion
Q: With a good number of more active players having all Main Spec legendaries, how do you plan to do this without having to micromanage loot spec?
A: Plan for 7.2.5 is you can stay in a spec and if you have all the legendaries for a spec, if you get an additional legendary it will randomly drop for another spec. If you want legendaries for a specific spec, you'll have to be in that loot spec. For example: If you are a Ret paladin and have all the Ret legendaries, if you get another legendary to drop it will randomly be holy or prot.

Not sure why it didn't make it to the 7.2.5 notes, but from your experience, this system is clearly working.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Got a legendary for a spec I don't play or use.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived