The one big thing WoW has over FF14 is quality of life improvements all the time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. The one big thing WoW has over FF14 is quality of life improvements all the time

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
4 weeks ago#1
I was playing a new alt char in FF14 earlier today and after getting several things that I wanted to get done being gated behind vanilla story quests, I was so frustrated and remembered how WoW is so much better at not making players wanting to pull hair out all the time.

Take Argus for example, holy crap, once you complete the quests on one character, you unlock everything except for the daily quests for all characters on your entire account. That's some cutting edge quality of life mechanism right there.

I can honestly say that I've never experienced this level of quality of life mechanism in any other games, even single player games. I hope more games follow WoW's example. I wish I can just stop doing storyline quests in FF14 for all my alts, it is the most boring thing ever.
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T
(message deleted)

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
4 weeks ago#3
I thought FF14 allowed one character to learn all the jobs and switch to them at will. What's the purpose of alts there? (Note, I haven't played it, so I'm asking seriously)

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
4 weeks ago#4
FFXIV's development is just stuck in FFXI days. Those devs are just amateurs.

IMO, the best QoL WoW has over FFXIV is the transmog system. FFXIV's glamour system is the absolute worst. It will waste all your bank space trying to save those "rare" cool looking pieces. It's already bad with the amount of crafting mats they keep producing. Speaking of that, you still can't craft items if your mats are in the bank. Seriously, it's like the basic feature of every MMO now and those amateur FFXIV devs can't implement it. If they remake the glamour system to what WoW has and fix crafting mats issue, I'd play the game a lot more.

Then there are other things like WoW's cross-server functionalities are far more advanced. Account wide unlocks of many things. The way WoW does seasonal events, gear and raids/dungeons is also far superior. FFXIV team just refuses to work on flaws and it's no wonder Stormblood is already declining in activity.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: LinkofHyrule991

LinkofHyrule991
4 weeks ago#5
Pokeymuns posted...
I thought FF14 allowed one character to learn all the jobs and switch to them at will. What's the purpose of alts there? (Note, I haven't played it, so I'm asking seriously)

The purpose of multiple characters is if you're into the RP and just want different characters doing different things, or if you're really dedicated to your alt jobs and want multiple weekly lockouts for gearing them.

Most people probably just have the one character doing the jack of all trades thing though.
3DS FC: 4468-1483-7254
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
(message deleted)

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
4 weeks ago#7
Last Soldier posted...
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
Pokeymuns posted...

The purpose of multiple characters is if you're into the RP and just want different characters doing different things, or if you're really dedicated to your alt jobs and want multiple weekly lockouts for gearing them.

Most people probably just have the one character doing the jack of all trades thing though.

Or that you are playing with different competitive FC (sort of like guild) on difference servers.

There's also the fact that leveling a new job is a god damned chore, since your only option in leveling after you've finished the MSQ is to do any Side Quests you've done (which you probably already did leveling your main job), then grind dungeons and fates until your eyes bleed.

Even with all the s*** you have to unlock in FFXIV, it's still somewhat more enjoyable to quest through it again then it is to run Halatali or Tamtara for the umpeenth god damned time.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Theshamen

Theshamen
4 weeks ago#8
Last Soldier posted...

Take Argus for example, holy crap, once you complete the quests on one character, you unlock everything except for the daily quests for all characters on your entire account. That's some cutting edge quality of life mechanism right there.

Wait really? Because I _really_ don't want to go through all of those intro quests again
VEGAS RAIDERS BABY

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
4 weeks ago#9
Theshamen posted...
Wait really? Because I _really_ don't want to go through all of those intro quests again

You still need to do the questlines for WQs, follower missions and invasions.

Account wide unlocks are teleport beacons, netherlight crucible and the dungeon.

So overall, it's still very worth it to do questlines on alts - up until you unlock Krokuun missions at least, which are very beneficial. Or go a little further and unlock greater invasion if you care for the weekly chance at 930+ piece from world boss. About 2-3 hours of work, not bad for the benefits you get. It's just the last set of questline with ethereals/void that's a little annoying, but you do get enough argunites for 2x 910 relinquished tokens, which is nice for alts. Then the last quest, 925 followers will be needed for final raid follower mission.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
4 weeks ago#10
The only real gates left now are how they distribute the 925 and 950 armorsets.

They only spawn from 'rare' missions and you'll get somewhere in the region of one of these each realtime day (this is taking into account the completion time of the mission too).
So that's 6 days-ish to get the 6 followers to 925, which unlocks the epic tier of Argus follower gear, and another 6 days-ish to get 6 tokens to set them to 950 (+1 more day for your 7th follower).

Along the way you'll also unlock three new troop types -- krokul, void-purged krokul, lightforged.
They all counter Argus Elites, and each of the three has one +75% success bonus against hazard, spell, or minion respectively.

The spawnrate of pre-Argus missions seems to be somewhat lower now, so getting at least the first tier of Argus missions is a significant boost to gold and/or reputation yield.
Plus the new follower gear, even at green quality, is much stronk.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. The one big thing WoW has over FF14 is quality of life improvements all the time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived