Alleria and Sylvannas

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Alleria and Sylvannas

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
2 months ago#1
One was forced into her dark path while the other chose to go down her dark path.

Interesting and it says much about their character.

I wonder what which one would've done if their circumstances switched places?
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: LinkHeroOfTime3

LinkHeroOfTime3
2 months ago#2
What's the definition of "dark" here though? Alleria, to my knowledge, hasn't done anything dishonorable.

Sylvannas' actions are quite questionable. She doesn't seem completely malicious, but she still has an "ends justify the means" mentality. Other than nuance, how is she all that different from Garrosh?

I enjoy her character though, and ever since Vol'Jin mentioned his "vision" I've been interested in seeing how her character develops.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
2 months ago#3
I mean dark magics sorry.
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
2 months ago#4
LinkHeroOfTime3 posted...
Sylvannas' actions are quite questionable. She doesn't seem completely malicious, but she still has an "ends justify the means" mentality. Other than nuance, how is she all that different from Garrosh?

The biggest difference between the two is that she's somewhat more tolerant of the other Horde races and leaders. She doesn't outright despise non-Forsaken people like Garrosh did to anyone not born a Mag'har Orc.

Sylvanas wants to build a world for her people, both Forsaken and Horde, and while her actions are certainly questionable, and at times malicious, she does have her people's well being in mind. Anyone in the Alliance or otherwise that she has to kill to reach that goal is effectively just a necessary sacrifice that has to be made. Remember, Sylvanas had no qualms with fighting along side the Alliance during the initial invasion of the Broken Shore, as it mean the continuity of the Horde, and her people. Hell, even in Warcrimes, she was willing to take Vareesa back into the Horde (even though she was planning on raising her into undeath first so she'd be accepted by them).

Garrosh, on the other hand, simply wanted to conquer Azeroth, paint it red for the Orcs, subjugate literally every other race on the planet to be their slaves, and outright murder the f*** out of anyone that disagreed with him. Garrosh was an insane, warmongering madman even before Y'shaarj became involved with him.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
2 months ago#5
Ness0123456789 posted...
LinkHeroOfTime3 posted...

The biggest difference between the two is that she's somewhat more tolerant of the other Horde races and leaders. She doesn't outright despise non-Forsaken people like Garrosh did to anyone not born a Mag'har Orc.

Sylvanas wants to build a world for her people, both Forsaken and Horde, and while her actions are certainly questionable, and at times malicious, she does have her people's well being in mind. Anyone in the Alliance or otherwise that she has to kill to reach that goal is effectively just a necessary sacrifice that has to be made. Remember, Sylvanas had no qualms with fighting along side the Alliance during the initial invasion of the Broken Shore, as it mean the continuity of the Horde, and her people. Hell, even in Warcrimes, she was willing to take Vareesa back into the Horde (even though she was planning on raising her into undeath first so she'd be accepted by them).

Garrosh, on the other hand, simply wanted to conquer Azeroth, paint it red for the Orcs, subjugate literally every other race on the planet to be their slaves, and outright murder the f*** out of anyone that disagreed with him. Garrosh was an insane, warmongering madman even before Y'shaarj became involved with him.

Sylvanas doesn't seem to care at all about non-Forsaken Horde. Even the Forsaken themselves seem secondary to prolonging her own life. She abandons her own forces in Stormheim to go search for a source of eternal life.
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 months ago#6
If I recall correctly, one of the short stories has her realize that her Forsaken are not just expendable fodder.
She probably still doesn't "love" them or "care" for them as the various mortal racial leaders may view their people, but she at least realizes they are important to her continued existence, just as she is to theirs.

Technically if her Stormheim plan worked (ie. infinite val'kyr under her command) she would be able to bring back any forsaken she wanted through the val'kyr's power, though I'm not sure how this applies in the case of forsaken whose corporeal bodies were completely destroyed. Like, can she just shove the soul into another container (body) and retain their personality?
It's very different from how, say, abominations are made -- abominations are more like flesh golems; they end up like stupider versions of the original brain used to create them, and lack consciences and most higher thought processes.
And also importantly she'd be able to bring herself back to life as many times as she needed, avoiding her destined torment in the afterlife.

User Info: pegusus123456

pegusus123456
2 months ago#7
Pokeymuns posted...
Like, can she just shove the soul into another container (body) and retain their personality?

This is kinda what she did with Nathanos Blightcaller
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
2 months ago#8
pegusus123456 posted...
Pokeymuns posted...
Like, can she just shove the soul into another container (body) and retain their personality?

This is kinda what she did with Nathanos Blightcaller

Wasn't that more using another person's body to fix his?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 months ago#9
Yeah, they sacrificed Nathanos' cousin to strengthen Nathanos.
None of the cousin's personality remained, but some of his physical features were merged with Nathanos' (he observed that his restored face was no longer entirely his own -- that is to say, he didn't look quite like he used to back when he was fully human).

The cousin's body was obliterated, just some ashes were left. Who can say what happened to the soul, but since this was presented in story format it was made quite clear that, at least, it wasn't merged with Nathanos in such a way that his personality was now an amalgam of the two -- Nathanos' mind was still his own.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Alleria and Sylvannas

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived