What do you do (most often) when the opposing faction is camping a town?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What do you do (most often) when the opposing faction is camping a town?

User Info: Heartomaton

Heartomaton
2 months ago#1
Your response to this s***ty situation? - Results (42 votes)
Log out for a while, I've got other things to do anyway.
11.9% (5 votes)
Rally my faction in the area and fight back.
11.9% (5 votes)
Quest somewhere else and come back later.
16.67% (7 votes)
Reportreportreportreportreportreportreport.
0% (0 votes)
Not my problem, breh. PvE server fo' lyfe.
30.95% (13 votes)
Keep rezzing and try to do what I need to do before I get noticed and killed again.
4.76% (2 votes)
Call the guild, we're going to war.
11.9% (5 votes)
Play another character for a while.
7.14% (3 votes)
Cry.
0% (0 votes)
Something else.
4.76% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We've all been there (...Well, most of us have.). That small group or swarm of red names is killing everything that moves in a neutral town and barring access to quest givers, vendors, and everything else that town has to offer. Both factions do it, and it's pointless to say otherwise as it all depends on server, time of day, random happenstance, and whether or not you're the victim.

Whatever the case, it's a s***ty thing done by s***ty people. But it's a part of life in a PvP-inclusive world, so what do you do about it?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heartomaton

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 months ago#2
Server hop to a PvE server.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
2 months ago#3
You forgot "Get on my main and camp his sorry ass... or embarrass myself"

But in all seriousness, I use to res and try to finish up what I'm doing sneakily once or twice and by the third time I'd just get on a different alt and do something else. After the introduction of resilience and how PvP clearly became gear oriented (I mean, it was always gear oriented but keeping up with the Jones' was horrible when resilience was introduced) I just transferred all my characters to a PvE realm and never looked back.

User Info: monkeysample

monkeysample
2 months ago#4
Call up the guild, log on to main and have a good old brawl, but usually town campers always fly away when there's an actual, even fight and only want to camp lowbies and NPCs. Although sometimes a nice spirited melee happens, which is fun.

User Info: d209999

d209999
2 months ago#5
Heartomaton posted...
Whatever the case, it's a s***ty thing done by s***ty people. But it's a part of life in a PvP-inclusive world, so what do you do about it?

PvE servers are over there ----->

It's part of the PvP game. You know this going in when you roll on a PvP server. Complaining about your poor choice afterwards is silly
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: EchoBeam

EchoBeam
2 months ago#6
PvE servers don't prevent people from killing quest NPCs.

User Info: Heartomaton

Heartomaton
2 months ago#7
Yeah, not complaining, mate. Just stating the facts, just like you.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heartomaton

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#8
d209999 posted...

It's part of the PvP game. You know this going in when you roll on a PvP server. Complaining about your poor choice afterwards is silly

This. If you voluntarily rolled on a PvP server your answer better be to PvP them back.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: DamorahTalset

DamorahTalset
2 months ago#9
I pick off the healers solo and eventually the city/players deals with the rest themselves.
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#10
Not possible if you are playing at the max level. I don't think there's a way to flag Dalaran NPCs without hacking.
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What do you do (most often) when the opposing faction is camping a town?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived