Can Blizzard actually do anything to make the player base happy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can Blizzard actually do anything to make the player base happy?

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
2 months ago#51
Release a new expansion with new content while creating a few small legacy servers that have older content caps with some QOL improvements?

I dunno.

Then there's no excuse from either side for something not existing.
10-9-8-7-triple 6-5-forked tongue. NN/PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
2 months ago#52
Creating official legacy servers would take time and effort away from creating new content. I don't know how much time and effort, but I don't want to see the current game suffer so that people can get their fix on older content that won't ever get updated.

User Info: Vindris_SNH

Vindris_SNH
2 months ago#53
short answer:
no

long answer:
nooooooooooooooooooo
glitteringfairy: Just build the damn wall
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: firehockey91

firehockey91
2 months ago#54
redundancies posted...
Creating official legacy servers would take time and effort away from creating new content. I don't know how much time and effort, but I don't want to see the current game suffer so that people can get their fix on older content that won't ever get updated.

I don't think this is necessarily true. If they used the final patch of the given expansion and tweaked the balance issues it would be set in stone from launch. Or hell, they could roll out the final patch and you get what you get, balance issues and all. No need for updates or new content at that point.
3ds FC: 0748-2838-7275

User Info: Renim05

Renim05
2 months ago#55
ImBadAtGames posted...
I think a few things would help to "fix" the game:
- World events: An idea I had for the final Sargeras fight was that he would be massive, like miles tall. Max level raiders would engage him directly with the help of heroes. He would be a WORLD raid boss. Meaning he would land in a zone, let's say Sithilus, and it would take massive amounts of players to deal with him. Not only on the ground, but with flying mounts, ground mounts, war machines, etc. Sargeras. He wouldn't stay in Sithilus. He would be moving around zones, walking them actively while battling heroes. If he went into a zone with lower level players they could help support the high level characters by killing off level appropriate/scaled mobs that spawn around Sargeras.

Lower level players would fight other things in the world and see the enemy NPCs doing the same thing. All normally hostile mobs would be made friendly for the event For example: A new Human player would fight alongside the Murlocs of Crystal Lake against Imps. Someone in Desolace could fight alongside previously hostile Centar against some other demon.

This is pretty close to the Opening of Ahn'Qiraj in Vanilla. It was without a doubt one of the coolest things in the game, but really bogged down the servers.

Also, Vanilla wasn't perfect. Pretty much every class was shoved into a single spec and the honor system was garbage. Later game dungeons were too long and annoying to complete. The Onyxia quest chain was skewed towards the Alliance, leaving Horde a mess to deal with when it came to raiding. Paladin and Shaman both being unique classes was a really cool idea, but their differences led to people complaining about what class had the advantage in raiding.

If Blizzard wanted to make me happy, they could add skill trees back into the game and make stats more effective for everyone (IE: make all stats valuable to all classes and change the way each class plays). In the end, I just want character customization.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
2 months ago#56
firehockey91 posted...
I don't think this is necessarily true. If they used the final patch of the given expansion and tweaked the balance issues it would be set in stone from launch. Or hell, they could roll out the final patch and you get what you get, balance issues and all. No need for updates or new content at that point.

My point is that you'd still need development time to get legacy servers up and running. And even if there were no updates, you'd have to pay people to maintain and upkeep the servers themselves.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can Blizzard actually do anything to make the player base happy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived