Current strategies for champion gear?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Current strategies for champion gear?

User Info: Ruvan22

Ruvan22
2 months ago#1
With the new gear from Argus, I was wondering how everybody was speccing their champions. I used to have one champion specialized for under 4 hour missions with the rare/epic trinket, while everybody else had the rare/epic +8 hour trinkets. Has anybody tried the new specialized trinkets (buff to hazards/minions/etc) and or just using the improved mission success trinkets?

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
2 months ago#2
50% improved success on missions longer than 8 hrs
30% mission success
25% mission success

BOOM! All 6 champions on 6 missions individually. 950 missions are longer, so they have allowed us to run more missions at once.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Ruvan22

Ruvan22
2 months ago#3
MrXGamer posted...
30% mission success
25% mission success

BOOM! All 6 champions on 6 missions individually. 950 missions are longer, so they have allowed us to run more missions at once.

Ahh I guess that is what I was wondering I suppose.. whether now there more longer (>8) or shorter missions

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#4
MrXGamer posted...
30% mission success
25% mission success

That's only more effective if you are using your favorite champions instead of going by the evenly spread attribute strategy.

If you have 2X every attribute and counters, you will get much more with:

30% mission success
50% increases success on attribute corresponding to your champion's counter.

I am able to run 5 ~ 6 missions at same time with this setup, with 200% success.

Using the 25% mission success item I notice how I sometimes have to combine champions in order to achieve 200% and can only end up running 3 ~ 4 missions at same time.
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T

MrXGamer
2 months ago#5
^ I do have champions of 2x every attribute/counters, but I have already experimented with counter items in the last patch. It's usually not effective because I'm not always using a champion that will counter. If you do that, you will end up with more wait times. You may have a Champion that can counter, but it's already on a mission, so instead of risking mission expiration, you use another Champion immediately that can't counter everything. This situation happens very often.

Most of those Argus missions require low resources, so I don't care if something is doubling it. I don't care if it's going to kill troop if the troop already has one vitality. I mostly counter the stuff that reduces success chance. You get 6 troops from Argus and with Class Hall trait of +1 to troops, that's another 7 troops to accompany your Champions. With 2x stacking of troops with each Champion, I have no problems hitting 200% on my missions. The only times I don't is when the bonus sucks and I send the champion by itself.
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#6
That does make sense when you put it that way. But I guess it also has to do with different order hall's perks and if you have Meatball not as a bodyguard. Since on my mage with extremely reduced mission duration and swimming in double success consumables (Meatball's orb thing and Rabbit Foot), I rarely run into a situation where my correct counters are not available and I desperately need to send someone with the wrong counter. Not all order halls have those perks, however, my Druid has extremely sub par perks with no way to generate success consumables since I'm using Meatball as bodyguard.
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#7
MrXGamer posted...
^ I do have champions of 2x every attribute/counters, but I have already experimented with counter items in the last patch. It's usually not effective because I'm not always using a champion that will counter. If you do that, you will end up with more wait times. You may have a Champion that can counter, but it's already on a mission, so instead of risking mission expiration, you use another Champion immediately that can't counter everything. This situation happens very often.

This method does poorly against Cursed.

============

I only have this setup perfected on my Shaman alt (for some reason), but I run this:

30% Reduced mission Time
30% Mission Success
50% Counter bonus success (with Meatball running an additional 25% Reduced mission time instead)

All of my Champions will be back within 12 hours in time to catch another rotation of missions. They've flattened Command Center missions to less than a day.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 months ago#8
Reduced mission time is where it's at now, for me.

I used to prefer long missions, but Argus added in:
1. A gigantic spread of both somewhat long AND extremely short missions with the same quality of rewards
2. It boosted the new "short mission gear" to work under 8 hours instead of under 4 hours
3. Most missions expire in just 6 hours (the common exceptions are veiled argunite and primal sargerite which are at the old 1d12h timer, might be a few more at that timer) so if you can complete a mission quicker than 6h you can handle s***ty counter requirements and minimize missed good missions (eg. 4 good missions have cursed with the same required counter, but you only have 2 of said counter due to a balanced champion selection)

If most of your units have a -30% mission duration item you can cut many missions to below 8 hours with only one follower.
Some classes also have a class hall upgrade that decreases all mission durations by 20% (eg. warlock, warrior). Grab it if you can.

Extra long missions get a band-aid "gotta go fast" character (plus a 'slowing' counter if necessary).
This character is the one who passively has -20% mission duration (eg. Jubeka for warlocks, the female dwarf for shaman -- not all classes have one) who is then stacked with a further -30% and -25% duration (last slot is +50% on short missions, it could be another -20% but that's overkill).

Sometimes a long mission has only two slots and success isn't quite high enough with Jubeka present, so I still have Shinfel who passively has the +15% on long missions, fully kitted out with long mission gear (+145% to >8h long missions inc. her passive).

Overall I have, out of 7 champs:
Meatball: Generic success +30% and +25%, duration -30% (he's a bit less effective now since "Argus Elite" missions have no "boss", but still excellent on the other missions)
Jubeka: Short mission success +50%, duration -30% and -25% (has duration -20% passive)
Shinfel: Long mission success +50%/+40%/+40% (has long mission +15% passive, the two +40% are because you can stack the Argus blue, and the pre-Argus epic)
The other four: Short mission success +50%, duration -30%, generic success +30%

A short mission setup is a royal pain in the ass without the Legion app though. If the app didn't exist I wouldn't recommend it -- I don't want to (and usually can't) log the actual game -that- many times a day.

MrXGamer
2 months ago#9
Amakusa posted...
All of my Champions will be back within 12 hours in time to catch another rotation of missions. They've flattened Command Center missions to less than a day.

It's hard to predict the spawn rate of missions. Quite often, I send champions out to missions and more missions pop right as I send them. From what I understand, the missions can spawn at anytime if your mission table has space to add more. But generally they refresh missions at 6-8 hour intervals like WQs and invasions.

Majority of mission durations are between 12-18 hours now, so regardless of "reduced mission duration", generally you will be sending out your champions twice per day. Reduced duration is only worth it if somehow you're managing log on every 8 hours (x3 in a day) to refresh missions.

Though my setup applies more to gold missions because they tend to be longer than AP missions. I don't care about other items. My alts are gold farmers, so it works well for me.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#10
MrXGamer posted...
It's hard to predict the spawn rate of missions. Quite often, I send champions out to missions and more missions pop right as I send them. From what I understand, the missions can spawn at anytime if your mission table has space to add more. But generally they refresh missions at 6-8 hour intervals like WQs and invasions.

They respawn roughly 6 1/2 to 7 hours after the first time you log in that day. The missions spawn a new set of missions immediately upon logging in if you hadn't been on for more than that. Basically that means you can safely find new missions every 8 hours.

Majority of mission durations are between 12-18 hours now

I really haven't found this to be true. A lot of the worthwhile missions are 6-8 hours, where 8+ hour tokens are useless on unless you deliberately bomb a time penalty. The 12-18 hour missions I've seen are almost always a rep token or armor token mission.

Reduced duration is only worth it if somehow you're managing log on every 8 hours (x3 in a day) to refresh missions.

It's totally worth it to send the same 2 guys on three different gold missions.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Current strategies for champion gear?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived