I hate that the Class halls are still time-gated by dumb board quests.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I hate that the Class halls are still time-gated by dumb board quests.

User Info: Skanderbeg

Skanderbeg
2 months ago#1
This stupid quest board has to be one of the worst additions to WoW. It feels less satifying than f***ing farmville, and they gate literally everything behind them.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
2 months ago#2
And to think a few months ago those quests were 24+ hours instead of 1 hour each
http://i.imgur.com/WRuboBm.jpg
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
2 months ago#3
Yes... for first six months or so, it used to be 8 hours per follower mission, so you couldn't unlock your 3rd relic slot for almost a week.

Now it's only 1 hour per mission, so you can be all done in a day and 3rd relic slot no longer locked.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Terribletruth69

Terribletruth69
2 months ago#4
I have to agree with TC. Even with the missions being quick, it's an incredibly stupid feature. It's a mobile game mechanic.

The argument "you don't have to do them, they can be skipped" doesn't work because the missions can give gold or quests/rewards, among other things. Not participating in the missions puts you behind other players.

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
2 months ago#5
None of the pales to champions requiring like 200k experience and missions only giving ~5k and the 6k xp item not being account bound and requiring 2 invasions to buy
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#6
Terribletruth69 posted...
The argument "you don't have to do them, they can be skipped" doesn't work because the missions can give gold or quests/rewards, among other things.

It doesn't give you anything you can't get otherwise so your pitiful "I'm being FORCED!" argument hit a brick wall.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
2 months ago#7
Just to play the devil's advocate:
Most of the rewards can indeed be had elsewhere (gold, AP, reputation, follower gear, pet charms, any rewards from the raid go-there-kill-this "quest" items).

Only a few story quests remain mission gated at this point -- to do these missions, and only these missions, is an extremely trivial task, barely worth complaining about.
It really only makes sense to complain about missions as an ongoing class hall feature, but for the sake of clarity, three quest-related things are gated by missions:

1) Your initial class hall campaign. Its main gameplay reward is now automatically granted at 110 (the important 3rd relic slot) so it's only a concern if you want to see a handful of class-specific story content.
Note that these missions are intended to be very easy to complete. Despite being initially designed as a time gate, Blizz actually misassigned the durations for most classes' missions, so that they were about twice as quick to complete as expected -- and surprisingly, they left them that way. Much later on, the duration of each class's missions were further reduced substantially so that they could be completed in half a day to a day or so.

2) The Legionfall class-specific mount. The "campaign" is utter bulls*** and has no story, the whole campaign exists to give you the mount at the end (via a class-specific quest or scenario, of vastly differing complexity and quality).
You have to do one mission as a quest requirement partway through this campaign, and a commonly-spawning, minimum-champion-ilevel mission exists that counts for the quest. Used to be three missions, but got nerfed pretty quick.
This line does require you to finish your initial class hall campaign as well, though.

3) Harder Argus missions -- This one is more difficult than the other two, requiring high ilevel champions, but if you hate missions anyways, there's no reason to do this mission gate because it just unlocks MORE MISSIONS. More lucrative missions, though, but if you aren't already invested in doing missions this doesn't affect you one whit.

All three things above are one-off quests. The time taken for 1 and 2 is negligible. 3 takes more time but unlike 1 and 2 you aren't missing any non-mission content, so if you hate missions you miss out on nothing by skipping 3, unlike skipping 1 or 2.

The most important thing that a player loses by refusing to partake in these missions is efficiency -- additional gold/AP/reputation/whatever per hour, which can be gained while doing other tasks in game (or even if you're offline entirely).
You spend a few seconds sending your champs off, and then go do your standard activities (world quests, dungeons, raids, whatever you want, including logging off) and the missions complete themselves.
Not participating in the missions puts you behind other players.

So this part, at least, is actually true.
Assuming players of equal skill and dedication, one who actually does their missions will have significantly more gold/AP/paragon rep/whatever for very little actual extra effort invested in the missions/champions system, compared to one who does not do missions.

But if you deliberately opt out of doing missions because you dislike them, it's only natural that you'd forfeit their rewards.

User Info: Cookie Bag

Cookie Bag
1 month ago#8
I have to agree with TC. Even with the missions being quick, it's an incredibly stupid feature. It's a mobile game mechanic.

The argument "you don't have to do them, they can be skipped" doesn't work because the missions can give gold or quests/rewards, among other things. Not participating in the missions puts you behind other players.

Behind other players in what way, exactly? it's not like this is a competitive game in any way shape or form unless you do the PvP minigame and cutting edge content, in which case all this s*** is useless to begin with.
http://i.imgur.com/vsi41Lp.jpg

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
1 month ago#9
At least it's not like Mist with the whole daily giving out coins. It not mandatory to do them but it sure as hell help keeping up with the effort.
One does what one does best.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I hate that the Class halls are still time-gated by dumb board quests.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived