This is what you need to know about Battle for Azeroth (Major Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. This is what you need to know about Battle for Azeroth (Major Spoilers)

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
4 weeks ago#61
GreatHammurabi posted...
They really should implement some form of optional level scaling for dungeons. That way higher level characters can be scaled down to lower levels to help their friends/guildmates in leveling dungeons.

Sounds like the mentoring system in EQII, which had some flaws in that it depowered and scaled the person down but still had them with access to the full arsenal of their leveled skills (which meant they still kind of facerolled everything).

The syncing system in FFXIV put you back down to the level of the dungeon cap, and barred use of overleveled skills (this had the problem of needing several bars setup for low level dungeoning). Messed with muscle memory a bit and for ease of use you'd have to prep the bars. The syncing system is turned on by default, and could only be turned off when not in roulette content if I remember correctly. It's been some time.

Either way - I think it would be great if it had either, or WoW's own take on it.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: GreatHammurabi

GreatHammurabi
4 weeks ago#62
SilentZed posted...
Either way - I think it would be great if it had either, or WoW's own take on it.

Yeah, I think FFXIVs system was decent in that regard. I hated Roulettes though, due to the fact that you had to queue solo.

Though I understood why this happened, I also didn't like how you lost abilities when you scaled down. If WoW implements this, I think they should just let everyone keep their abilities, just scale them down appropriately.

Either way, it would be a great feature. Could potentially speed up lower level dungeon queues by letting friends dungeon together or letting people queue solo to level scale down and fill in spots for low level dungeons.
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
Friend Safari: Dewgong, Sneasel, Delibird - In Game Name: Andrew
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. This is what you need to know about Battle for Azeroth (Major Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived