So now we need consent forms to gank people on the world?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. So now we need consent forms to gank people on the world?

User Info: TheRedKingofJin

TheRedKingofJin
1 month ago#21
Arcane199 posted...
Ironic that they are getting rid of Horde vs Alliance in the World in Horde vs Alliance expansion.

And I don't f***ing care.

No more annoyance while I'm trying to farm whatever there are to be farm

So why did you pick a pvp server then if you didnt want to pvp?
Sorry, but I am always right.

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#22
TruCrypt posted...
Meh. WPVP was never good.

It was rare but years ago my friend and I, on our PvE server, engaged some flagged Alliance in PvP. It was a 2 vs 3 fight among us level 60's and overall we were relatively even. We died a few times, they died a few times, but not once did we resort to asking for help or giving up. We were PvPing simply for the sake of PvPing.

Unfortunately we all know, more often than not, world PvP usually involved people who just wanted to curbstomp lowbies and the moment they encounter any real challenge they give up. I can't imagine many PvPing just for the sake of PvPing even if victory is not assured.

I'll admit though, in our 2 vs 3 skirmish, us being about even made it fun. Had we been curbstomping them or vice versa I'd imagine the skirmish would not have lasted long. It's probably rare for any world PvP to be relatively even.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: Arcane199

Arcane199
1 month ago#23
TheRedKingofJin posted...
Arcane199 posted...
Ironic that they are getting rid of Horde vs Alliance in the World in Horde vs Alliance expansion.

And I don't f***ing care.

No more annoyance while I'm trying to farm whatever there are to be farm

So why did you pick a pvp server then if you didnt want to pvp?

RL friends formed our guild on PvP server because of "PvE is for carebears we WPvP look at us we r so tuff" stigma formed by internet tough guys.

Guess what? Everyone is a carebear now! :D
---

User Info: Eagleeyejack

Eagleeyejack
1 month ago#24
ShadowEdgeX posted...
Al-Uzza posted...
Delirious_Beard posted...
good

f*** gankers

Why are you people on a PVP server if you think gankers are so evil? Gank or be ganked is the law of the land on PVP servers. Why roll on one if everyone can just opt out ?
Bad change to further dumb down the game and cater to casuals.
I don't even want vanilla servers as much as I just want "non-causal" servers
Feel free to Private message me if you want to speak to me.

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
1 month ago#25
Eagleeyejack posted...
Gank or be ganked is the law of the land on PVP servers

And a very good law it would be, if everyone present in a given zone was at the appropriate level and ilevel to make it a reasonably fair fight.
The only variables would be class matchups, the skill levels of the players involved, how opportunistic the aggressor was (eg. waiting until someone was tangling with a big pull / low on health or mana / not paying attention), and the numbers on each side of the skirmish.
I can appreciate the sense of danger this creates, and the exhilaration of surviving an ambush.

However, most of the time you're gonna get jumped by someone massively outleveling or outgearing you, and from the very start you don't have a snowball's chance in hell to turn things around.
And if they decide to camp your corpse, you'll end up dying a lot more in the near future.
If the gankee enjoys that, they're a masochist.
If the ganker enjoys that, they're a douche.

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#26
Pokeymuns posted...
if everyone present in a given zone was at the appropriate level and ilevel to make it a reasonably fair fight.

Despite not lasting long, I actually liked how Warhammer Online handled it. Each PvP zone had a level range and if your character was X levels above it, you get turned into a chicken with practically no stats when you enter it.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
1 month ago#27
Can't believe WoW's carebear PvP got Trammel'd

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
1 month ago#28
InfestedAdam posted...
Despite not lasting long, I actually liked how Warhammer Online handled it. Each PvP zone had a level range and if your character was X levels above it, you get turned into a chicken with practically no stats when you enter it.

That's quite cool, though also a little heavy handed (since in WoW there are more than a few reasons to revisit old zones, and turning into a statless chicken would be rough, lol).

Maybe Blizz could figure something out with WoW's level scaling tech.
Ideally, for PvP purposes, there would be no level advantage -- if you were fighting a lowbie, their stats (on your screen) would be scaled up such that they were appropriate for an opponent of your level, while they would see your stats as scaled-down values that are similar to their own. Then any damage dealt either way can be reflected as "percentage of max hp" and applied to the actual unscaled hp score.
A max level character with raid gear would generally still win against an equally skilled lowbie, since this system just mitigates the level difference; it doesn't account for not having acquired all the spells and abilities, nor does it account for the sudden ilevel inflation when reaching the current level cap.
But at least the lowbie has more of a chance, as opposed to instant death.

It'd really just be best if nobody was a douche, and just kept to areas where they'd run into people of similar level and gear level.
That there actually needs to be a hard-coded system that prevents high level players steamrolling low level players is somewhat sad. It's like kicking toddlers to take their candy, except in this case they don't even have any candy worth taking -- they're just getting kicked so the kicker can get a few seconds of amusement at how strong they are.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
1 month ago#29
You know where Warhammer Online went wrong? They were insecure with themselves so they copied WoW with instanced PvP alongside their world PvP. People spent more time in the instanced PvP than out in the world (except for maybe the last zones) because rewards were more efficient in them.

They should've been confident enough to say no to instanced PvP, leaving the only option to WAAAAAAAAGH the f*** out of those keeps.

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#30
rawkuss posted...
People spent more time in the instanced PvP than out in the world (except for maybe the last zones) because rewards were more efficient in them.

Aye, and this became obvious very fast when world PvP was essentially dead in the lowbie zones. I wish I had stayed longer but after grinding to Rank 11 in WoW, I was burnt out when it came to grinding in WO's battlegrounds. Like you said, I heard the end game PvP was good but but the lowbie zones did't have enough incentives for players to PvP in them.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. So now we need consent forms to gank people on the world?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived