To any anti-classic players, are you that concern resources is being wasted?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. To any anti-classic players, are you that concern resources is being wasted?

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
2 months ago#1
Apology for beating the dead horse further but I am curious. Do any of you here know for a fact that Blizzard's World of Warcraft team is essentially gonna be split to handle classic and the upcoming new expansion and content? Or are you simply making an assumption that the new content will be lessened because of the classic server?

I ask cause I feel out of all the complaints out there against classic servers, this is probably the only one that holds any weight. We can all talk about which era of WoW is the "best" until the cows come home but in the end it is still just a matter of opinion. So long as we are having fun, what does it matter what the other players say about the era we like? Does it seriously bother you if a stranger over the internet insult you for liking certain contents over others?

Personally I am indifferent about classic servers. So long as their existence does not hinder my fun in the current content, I care not what those players do in those servers. I am not going to care if classic ends up succeeding or not, my concern is only with the upcoming new content.

So I'll ask again, why do any of you anti-classic players even care? Do you know for a fact that future content will be worse because of the classic servers or are you simply making an assumption?

Comments and opinions are appreciated,

Thank you
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
2 months ago#2
Two different teams. Current content will always come first, and classic second.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
2 months ago#3
They already said they're hiring a separate team completely.

And I'm against it because it's just stupid fan service and it could potentially cause a decline in current content players briefly. And I'm also concerned with the more QQing from these "non-casuals" since they are so vocal and whiny when it doesn't live up to their nostalgia.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

InfestedAdam
2 months ago#4
HajimeNoIppo posted...
Two different teams. Current content will always come first, and classic second.

That's even better. So what are the anti-classic going to complain about then? Honestly, why do you folks care that some players are going to have fun with older content if your current content is unaffected? Is it simply an ego thing?

User Info: narfa

narfa
2 months ago#5
As long as there is a separate subscription fee for Classic, I don't particularly care.
black out or get out.

User Info: Smug_Anime_Face

Smug_Anime_Face
2 months ago#6
There's always the fear their free ride will end and they'll be back on there level 34 with 50 days /played in whites with two greens while people run around them in tier 3 emasculating them. Don't think I don't know who you naysayers really are. "I RAIDED IN CLASSIC THANK GOD FOR LFR THOUGH" Uh huh buddy. I'm sure you "Raided" RFC constantly. You're going back to being unable to even hit level cap or even afford a mount.

InfestedAdam
2 months ago#7
WoodenRook posted...
it's just stupid fan service

A developer appeasing its fans, or some of them, is bad?

WoodenRook posted...
it could potentially cause a decline in current content players briefly.

Fair enough but wouldn't the burden lie with the current content team to make it interesting enough to prevent players from leaving for classic? Also, what problem is there for a temporary decrease in players if they briefly try out classic over the new content?

WoodenRook posted...
I'm also concerned with the more QQing from these "non-casuals" since they are so vocal and whiny when it doesn't live up to their nostalgia.

Unless said complaints spam the forums, let them complain. Everyone has the right to it and beyond that, that's what the mute option is for.

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
2 months ago#8
WoodenRook posted...
They already said they're hiring a separate team completely.

And I'm against it because it's just stupid fan service and it could potentially cause a decline in current content players briefly. And I'm also concerned with the more QQing from these "non-casuals" since they are so vocal and whiny when it doesn't live up to their nostalgia.

You whiners can keep your s***ty LFR/LFG, you have the same people that you always have. Most of us who are going to Classic WoW had long quit in disgust, or were on private servers.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

InfestedAdam
2 months ago#9
Smug_Anime_Face posted...
There's always the fear their free ride will end and they'll be back on there level 34 with 50 days /played in whites with two greens while people run around them in tier 3 emasculating them. Don't think I don't know who you naysayers really are. "I RAIDED IN CLASSIC THANK GOD FOR LFR THOUGH" Uh huh buddy. I'm sure you "Raided" RFC constantly. You're going back to being unable to even hit level cap or even afford a mount.

Please clarify. What free ride are you referring to and why would players be afraid of it?

User Info: Smug_Anime_Face

Smug_Anime_Face
2 months ago#10
InfestedAdam posted...
What free ride are you referring to and why would players be afraid of it?

Back in classic there were all manner of noobs that failed to achieve a decent level because it required a proper investment to play the game and level. I'm under the assumption the naysayers are those who have survived off WoW welfare. Those that needed the free mounts and halved xp requirements. Those that could never get an epic before BC. You can see through them because they'll say something like "Lol druids were useless in raiding" because they are spouting third hand experiences. It's like that scene from the 40 year old virgin he's trying to participate in the conversation about breasts. "Yeah Druids feel like... bags... of sand..."
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. To any anti-classic players, are you that concern resources is being wasted?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived