Why is the anti-Vanilla lynch-mob so spiteful?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Why is the anti-Vanilla lynch-mob so spiteful?

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
1 month ago#1
Literally, every topic I click all I see from you guys is hate and spite. Sheesh, if you don't like the idea, fine that's your opinion. But holy s***, all the spite and hate is ridiculous "I hope these servers fail!", "You idiots will be back to regular servers in no time", "Enjoy not having x feature you morons!" Such a toxic community.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: metralo

metralo
1 month ago#2
they're morons tbh

current wow should be deleted
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1298321979/image.jpg

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
1 month ago#3
I don't care about the Vanilla Server debate, it's going to have 0 effect on me. However, I DO expect the vocal community of Vanilla supporters to continue to complain because everyone expects something different.

What I mean is some want the graphic updates and QOL additions, others don't, others want the classic Vanilla experience but what patch? 1.0? What happens when the content is exhausted? Server wipes? Then you have people complaining about that while others cheer it. Is there a fee? Is it part of your monthly WoW subscription? I would hope so. Private servers were free, so people got their WoW fix for free, and who knows if a pricetag will drive people away.

The whole idea is neat and I am sure the nostalgia will be fun to experience, but I doubt that Vanilla servers are going to be as populated as people believe. People will level a little, relive the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if the server(s) were populated with people of <40 levels.

I'd consider recreating my first character, a troll shaman, but I can't see myself devoting the same amount of time I did 13 years ago. I barely play as it is, and Sub Numbers show the same for many other players. I also believe that if Blizzard gives the real original Vanilla experience people are going to realize that they don't have that same passion and drive after playing.

The WoW community has proven time and again that it will b**** and moan and fight and cry no matter what is created and offered. I hope it succeeds and everyone has fun and finds the magic that captured so many when WoW was first released. We have no idea what Blizzard is actually going to offer so take what I say with a grain of salt. Or don't, I'm not the boss of you.

metralo posted...
they're morons tbh

Oh shut up.
---

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#4
Sir_RaZZo posted...
if you don't like the idea, fine that's your opinion.

Apparently not since you had to make yet another topic pretending to be ostricized.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
1 month ago#5
Amakusa posted...

Apparently not since you had to make yet another topic pretending to be ostricized.

Nice job ignoring context, and "another"? Show me the other topic I made, right now!
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: BahamutDragoon

BahamutDragoon
1 month ago#6
Are we going to pretend this doesn't work the other way around as well?

Maybe if Vanilla supporters didn't do the EXACT same thing by going into topics calling anyone who plays the game currently morons and Blizzard shills while spouting Vanilla superiority you wouldn't get such a hateful response in your own topics.
Look down.
Look up.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#7
Sir_RaZZo posted...
Nice job ignoring context, and "another"?

Oh look he's already in denial.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#8
Lets be honest, both sides of the table have their share of bad apples and spiteful players. One probably hoping classic will fail for no reason other than to be able to say "I told you so" while the other is belittling players for choosing the "lesser" version of WoW.

At the end of the day, so long as we're having fun with whatever era of WoW we prefer, that should be all that matters. Regardless of which era we play, it is just a video game. To each his own but do some of you honestly feel proud that you play the "better" version of a....video game?

If you do, kudos to you. I am sure no matter how good I get with video games, it isn't going to affect my real life in a positive manner. It's bad enough as is that we all need to compete in the workforce for things that actually matters. Competing in something that in the long run amounts to nothing seems such a pointless thing to argue about. Just play the game and have your fun.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
1 month ago#9
metralo posted...

Because people like this post here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: Heartomaton

Heartomaton
1 month ago#10
Sir_RaZZo posted...
Such a toxic community.

To a neutral third party, this applies to both sides of the issue.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heartomaton
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Why is the anti-Vanilla lynch-mob so spiteful?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived